58- Deadly Panther Kitten

"Jesse what are you doing here? You better have a good explanation on why you are not in practice right now." Coach was just as shocked as I was but quickly recovered and turned it to the angry coach we all know and love. 

Jesse's anger quickly changed to worry. 

"Sorry, Coach but I needed to check on Jazz. Are you okay?" He put my attention to me and worked towards me. 

"I'm okay. I will fill you in later. Now go back to practice before you get in trouble even more." I try to call him by patting his arm. 

"And you," He pointed at Casey, "You have major explaining to do. How can you keep this from me?" He was angry and disappointed, but knowing Jess he was more disappointed than angry. 

"I didn't know the extent of all of this until today, and you know Jasmine can be persuasive so I kept my promise to her and not speak of that day.  But everything is resolved now and there is nothing to worry about, we will fill you in later." Casey kept his calm like he normally does. 

"Jess please trust me, I'm okay. Everything is okay, we finally fixed Zack's wrong doing. We'll fill you in on everything later, I called a family meeting." I tried again to calm him, I knew that mentioning the family meeting would make him believe me. 

"Fine but just know that I am not happy with either of you. And Coach I will pay for the broken whiteboard." He looked guilty. 

"What?" Coach H was confused just like the rest of us.

"We were going over plays and like always we did the usual line up, which of coarse included Zack. Everyone was confused why I was including him, I was confused on why everyone was confused until everyone started to explain. I got so mad that I punched the white board, it cracked a little. Sorry, it was either the whiteboard of his face." He said it like it was not big deal. 

"Jesse that is not acceptable. But I will only let this slide this one time because of the circumstance. I'm sure the rest of us can turn a blind eye this one time, but only this one time." He looked around at the table to get a confirmation. Everyone said yes. 

"Okay now that that is settled go finish up the line ups and plays.  When that is finish come back here, we need your testimonial as his co captain. And you have until Wednesday to bring us the money or bring us a replacement." He said without looking up from his notes he was taking. 

"Okay I was almost done with them, just need to write them down and copy the plays from the broken whiteboard." He waited for his dismissal. 

"Well in that case you can stay. I will let Coach Blain know that you are cleared for the last two hours." He took out his phone to text him I assume. "As for Casey and Arden, you guys can go home. I will keep you posted." Coach gave us a nod of approval. 

We took this as our dismissal. 

"Jesse I will see you at home. Drive safe please, let me know if you need anything. And just remember what is done is done, and everything is being solved... Coach please don't let him drive if he is not in the right mind set." I looked between Jess and Coach. 

"Of coarse, now get out of here. Jesse have a seat. The faster we get this paper work the faster we can get dismiss Zack."  Casey and I got up. Jesse took my spot and gave me a reinsuring smile but avoided making eye contact with Casey. 

This is bad, I am going to have to do a lot of damage control. They rarely argue and when they do its takes a while to get them back to normal. 

I looped my arm around Casey's. I knew he might be feeling guilty for all this and needed to give him some reinsurance. He looked down at me and gave me a sad smile. We walked back to the car arm in arm.