60 - Go be a Cool Nerd

"Jazz, wake up your late!!!" Jess shock me awake. 

I quickly got up with my heart pounding in my chest. I pick my phone and find it dead. I quickly connected it to get some charge. 

"Hey snap out of it." he grabs a decorative pillow and throws it at my head. "You have thirty minutes." and just as fast as he came in he left. 

"Take Max with you!!!" I yelled out hoping he heard me, that would help take one thing off my list. He came back in and called Max to him. 

"THANKS!!" I yelled out once again. 

I quickly showered and got dressed. Simple skinny jeans and a white t shirt will do. I put on my usual tinted moisturizer and mascara. No time to baby the curls so a simple braid will do today. 

"Jasmine, I will make you a protein shake and leave in the fridge for you." Mom called out through the intercom system.   

I quickly packed up my bag and threw on some shoes. I walked over to my phone and like expected I had a gang of texts. 

I texted the girls to let then know not to wait for me that since I was running late. I knew I wasn't going to be late to my my first class, but we will not have our usual morning check in. I did see a good morning text fromJustin, I gave him a simple quick replay.

"Jazz do you want a ride? I can get you there faster with my bike." Jess popped his head through the door. I looked at the time and it was slightly later than what I expected.

"Uhm yeah actually. Give me two minutes I will meet you out side." I grabbed my charger to charge my phone through out the day. 

"Okay two minuted not a second later. I will grab the extra helmet for you so you don' t have to. Oh and I let Max back in so he is all set for the day." He was texting away while talking to me, other would say it was rude but I was used to it. I have no clue how can do both and sometimes he does it while walking as well, I can barely text while walking. 

"Thanks!!!" I wrapped my charger and placed it in my by bag. I did a quick scan to see if I was forgetting something. And that's when I remembered I forgot to take my meds. I quickly went back to medicine cabinet to take it. 

I ran down to the kitchen and open the fridge to grab the smoothie my mom left for me and my water bottle. I made sure they were both tighten before placing them inside my bag, the last thing I need is to have them spill. 

I ran to the garage, and made sure to set the alarm before leaving. I rarely set it since I'm never the last one to leave but my mom would give me a ear full if I didn't. 

I could already hear Jess's bike running when I made my way across the garage. I made sure to secure my bag across my back. I even made sure to put my phone in the side pocket, Jesse has had the misfortune of forgetting to this and his phone slide out of his pocket. 

"The Bluetooth should still be connect to your phone, so just switch it on, the communication system is working perusal. Do you want to put on my bag-back or do you feel comfortable with me wearing it while we ride?" He handed me the helmet and he turned around to close the garage. 

"I can wear both. I will be able to hold onto you better." I put on on the helmet and secured it. It took me a two tries, it had been a while since I put one on. 

"May I? You still have it on wrong. How are you supposed to be a future race car driver if you can't even put on a helmet correctly." He joked. I rolled my eyes but let him fix it. 

"Careful Jazz your eyes might get stuck like that." He joked while patting the helmet signaling he was done. I made last minute adjustments while he put on his own helmet.