55 - I Need You

I drove back blasting and singing along to the music playing, shuffle was on point. When I got home I found Casey standing at my front door. He should be in soccer practice right now, this meant this was an important visit especially given Jesse was not here. 

I parked in the garage as I got out the car I was able to hear foot steps approaching. 

"Hey Bae." He gave me a quick hug and grabbed my back bag, always the gentlemen. 

"Hey Casey. What are you doing here shouldn't you be in practice?" I looked at him for any clues of why he was. 

"I have a mild concussion, so no practice for todays." I can tell something was bothering him by his tone and lack of eye contact. I know he didn't have one since his mom let him play yesterday, there must be something else. 

I closed the garage and we made our way inside to the kitchen. I need food and I know Casey's weakness is food, that's how I'll get him to talk. 

"Sandwiches?" I asked him although I knew he would eat anything I put in front of him. 

"Anything is fine to be honest I don't care." He shrugged as he sat on the kitchen bar. I can feel that something is off. 

I quickly made us a sandwich and severed us some water. We eat in silence, which is not normal for us. 

"Okay, Casey spill whats wrong." I turned to look at him. 

"I knew I couldn't hide this from you, you know me too well bae." He smiled slightly. 

"I knew you didn't have a concussion. Your mom wouldn't have let you play  yesterday if you did. But I know something important must of happened if you skipped practice to be here." I was worried for him, but I have a feeling this is about me. 

"I was called in today because of the argument I had with Zack yesterday. I gave my side of the story and latter he gave his. After they took in all the testimonials they decided to have a kangaroo court.  And they have asked to see if you are willing to go." I can tell by his eyes he was sending a silent plea. 

"Wait but why are you telling me this, shouldn't coach be asking me this? Not that I don't mind." I quickly corrected myself. 

"I was told to tell them everything I knew about Zack that would give them a spectrum of his character. And I had to tell them of the story of that day. I am sorry if you didn't want them to know but I had to tell them they need to know. I'm official on probation until they solve the problem so no practice or game. Couch was actually going to call you but I offered to tell you in person, you shouldn't be told this over the phone." He avoided making eye contact. We still have a hard time talking about that day. 

"It's okay Casey, I'm glad you did. I should have spoken up about it a long time ago. I was just too scared. What he did was horrible and he should have been punished for it." I looked down at my own plate. 

"I still don't know the full details of that day, so I just told them that I was the one that pull him away from you when I noticed you were trying to push him away from you but he refused to step away." I have never told anyone the full details of that day. Nothing horrible happened but things did happened. 

"I haven't even told anyone the full details. Not even my mom knows all the details of it. Everyone just knows that you protected me from him, but everyone just thought you were being that jealous protective boyfriend. No one ever questioned me on it. But everyone that knew we were not a real thing knew there was more to the story." I looked at him he was looking at me with the most caring eyes. 

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to. Coach make it clear that it's all up to you, he and the rest of the board have more than enough evidence to have a probable cause of expulsion. Some don't beat yourself up if you can't talking about that day." He grabbed my hand to show his support.