20- I'm For Hire

"Casey you nee to be faster, and how many times do I have to tell you to protect your head when you come out like that." I've been warming Casey up for about five minutes now, Coach H was busy with the rest of the guys.

"I know I just forget sometimes. You are kicking the ball fast and hard. I don't have enough time to react." Casey was a great goal keeper but he was slow at protecting his head.

"You need to practice. Speed is key when you're blocking multiple kicks from multiple players. What are you going to do when you have more than one player in the penalty box? Are you only going to block one and hope the other players don't get the rebound or worse bash you in the while trying to get the rebound?" I can be harsh sometimes but that's the only way to get the message through.

"I understand what you are saying, but in a game it won't be this fast. You have four ball for crying out load. You are firing them at me like a machine gun." He hasn't seen machine gun just yet.

"It's better to be prepared for the worse. I'm getting you ready for the worse case. And that was not even at my fullest capacity. I'll show you machine gun. Pass me the balls." This​ is going to be good.

"Bae remember I'm starter goalie, don't do anything crazy please." Casey passed me the balls but I can tell he didn't want to.

"Just wondering, you warped your wrists and fingers right?"

"Uhm yeah, why?" He sounded scared, and he should be.

"Just wanted to make sure if I can use full power without braking you." I said sweetly.

"Bae please don't do what I think you're​ going to do." Casey loves when I train him but he hates when I make him block my penalty kicks.

"But bae what kind of personal trainer doesn't help their played practice blocking penalty kicks." I used innocent voice.

"Fine but four kicks only. I can't risk a fractured fingers." He got into position.

I set up the ball on the penalty marker. I took a few steps back and gave him an evil smirk.

I ran and perfectly hit the ball and making it to the upper right corner just like I wanted it to.

But Casey being Casey, he blocked it.

"What the hell Jasmine. That was stronger than what I remember. Have you been practicing this past month?" He was shaking off the pain as he went back to his spot.

"Not really just randomly going out and kicking the ball against a wall." I never practice, guess I just have some pent up energy.

I set up the next ball. But this ball was being stubborn and kept moving on me.

"Ball vs wall. I remember when I did that to build up my strength and get my anger out." I find it hard to imagine Casey angry.

"What anger do you have that needs to be let out? I have never seen you mad" I've known him for about 5 years and I I've never seen him mad.

"Oh that was before I moved here and meet you. Lets just say one of my teams mates and I didn't get along." Casey sounded mad but also sad when he told me that.

I took five steps back. I gave him a look to see if he was ready. He gave me a nod. I took a running start and-

"ARDEN!!!! Don't you dare kick that ball. I don't need a broken finger before we even start the tournament." Why must Coach H ruin the fun.

He always brings up the fractured finger. About to a year ago maybe​ 2, Casey had forgotten to mention that he hadn't​ pre wrap his fingers before warming up. On that day wee had gone trough all the normal stretching and warm up exercises and had time to spare so we practices penalty kicks. I kicked two and all was fine, but the third one was the trouble maker.