Chapter Thirteen

Miley's p.o.v

My gang and I were standing outside a crowded area waiting to be let inside in order to have this meeting that Jason requested. I don't think that it would be anything serious because we don't have a lot of information yet. So far it appeared that Jason had a lot of friends in high places.

"Good evening everyone. I know that we are still waiting on a few more people to arrive, but if you could all come inside and mingle as we wait that would be wonderful." Bear announced to the big group of people waiting outside the meeting room. Bear was a bit strange and rarely talked to anyone. I was excited to see what he would bring to the table in Combat training.

We walking inside and I sat down in a seat next to Chuck and the rest of my crew. They were all silent and I was the same. This whole thing was a bit intimidating. Some of these gangs were well known, not to mention that some of the men in this room are on America's most wanted. I wasn't scared or anything, but this was not the crowd that I normally hung around. I felt out of my comfort zone and I surely didn't want to be in a room alone with one of these guys.

"Are we the only women here?" Megan asked sitting in the seat next to me.

"Looks like it." I sighed. "I'm not even surprised." I rolled my eyes.

"This is a big conference room." Chuck said looking around the room in awe.

He was right, it was large. I suppose Jason was used to having a ton of criminals in one room. I guess you could say that it is auditorium like. I can't seem to wrap my head around why he would need a room like this for anything. I would probably never put a room like this to use. I like my meetings in smaller sizes, more one-on-one.

Everyone became silent as the lights went dim and someone showed up on the stage.

"Thanks for coming everyone." Will said standing on stage. Everyone watched him closely. "We are grateful that you all came out here. I would like you introduce you to our central team before we begin." He cleared his throat.

"This is Julian, he is head of the media team." He said pointing to Julian who was standing on the stage. "This is Fringe, head of our strategy analyzing and weapon team." He said pointing to Fringe who nodded as everyone seemed to cheer for him. "This is Bear and Florence, they are head of the combat training team." He pointed to the two of them. "Last but not lease, this is Mic, head of the tech team." He said finishing introductions. Out of everyone Fringe was the only person that was cheered for.

"If you have any questions those will be the first people you should go to. Our Central base is top notch, as most of you know, and we like to keep things in a chain effect." He said walking back to the center of the stage as the people he introduced went to their seats.

"Now please, welcome Jason McCann to the stage," Will said beginning to clap and walk off stage. Jason walked on and nodded. Everyone grew silent and watched him intensely.

"As Will said, thank you for coming. You already have your room assigned and if there are any question please go to Will for that. We want your stay here to be comfortable as we do not know how long that it will be." He stopped to clear his throat. His voice was assertive and direct as he didn't appear to be the mood for this.

"I don't have much to say tonight but I would like to update you on the situation at hand. As most of you know, Derek is still alive. He has since teamed up with Maximus and is working closely with him to take back the Canada territory. As you know, that is not good and we do not want that to happen. If it does, most of you will see that your territory will then come into danger of being taken as well. Maximus needs to be stopped." Jason shared.

"I would like you all to mingle with one another and get to know every gang that is here. It is crucial that we all work together. And, again, thank you all for coming. I will have more to share soon." Jason said before walking off the stage. The lights went back on and everyone began to stand up and shake hands with one another.

I didn't know anyone in this room and that made this even more uncomfortable. But, I knew what I was walking into before I arrived here. I just wish I would have been more prepared.

"Miley," Fringe said walking towards me.

"Fringe," I smiled.

"Come with me and I will introduce you to a few people." He smiled before walking into the crowd. I followed close behind him.

"Greggory, this is Miley." Fringe said standing in front of a tall man with dark slicked back hair. He was wearing a suit making his appearance a bit different than the other gang leaders in this room. By his suit alone I could tell he was higher up on the chain.

"Hello Miley," he said shaking my hand.

"Hello Greggory," I smiled shaking his hand.

"Fringe has told me a bit about you," He smiled, "I have also heard about you from a few sources and it is nice to finally meet you." He smiled mischievously. "Maximus is your father, correct?" He starred at me intensely.

"Correct," I nodded.

"I've also heard, from Fringe and my sources that you are really into weapons and crafting. Is that correct?" He asked. He already knew the answers but yet he kept asking me the questions anyways.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Well, I would love to see what you have. Maybe during my stay here we can plan a meeting. I like to get to know people before I decide to work with them." He said still staring at me intensely. Something was different about him, but it wasn't in a bad way. I was really interested in getting to know him. I didn't even know who he was aside from his name and the fact that he was an intense person.

"Sounds good," I nodded. I saw Jason starting to approach the three of us. He seemed to have an odd look on his face.

"Miley," A voice erupted from behind me.

Something inside me went off inside me, his voice seemed familiar. I looked at Greggory and Jason whom were staring at the person behind me with an odd look on their faces. Fringe stared at me not even bothering to look at the man behind me.

I turned around to see who it was. I was completely caught off guard.