Chapter Twenty-Nine

Miley's p.o.v
The tears continued to stream down my face. I'm not cut out for this. In a few days I was going to have too face my father and I wasn't sure I could handle that. I could barely handle being in the same room as Jason.

"Miley," Lewis said as he continued to knock on my door.

I swiftly got up and opened the door to let him in.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I wiped the tears from my face.

"I will be," I said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"It's okay to cry." He said sitting next to me.

"Yeah but it makes me weak." I shook my head.

"I cry," he said, "does that make me weak?"

"You—no," I said shaking my head.

"It is perfectly normally to cry. It shows that you are human; you accept failure and you rise from your failures through tears." He was wise and I was grateful for his raw words.

"Why are you always right?" I asked as a small smile spread across my face.

"Because," he shrugged.

"Thank you," I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"I would like to make one suggestion." He said clearing his throat.

"Oh?" I asked.

"Talk to Sam alone." He said.

"She doesn't like me," I said. Sam hates me and I can understand why.

"That's not true. She just doesn't know you. It's weird for her to see a woman like yourself working in a man's world." Lewis reasoned.

"Is she sexist?" I asked in disbelief.

"No," Lewis chuckled, "its strange for her to see you calling the shots. Its strange for her to she her brother so love struck over someone. This whole situation is strange for her." Lewis explained. "I am not trying to make you talk to her but I think it might help for you guys to understand each other before we walking into this meeting."

"Yeah," I nodded in agreement. "I wouldn't say that Jason is love struck." I said shaking my head.

"You don't see the way he lights up when you walk into a room? You don't see him not being able to take his eyes off of you for more then a minute? You don't see the sparkle in his eyes? You don't see how defensive he is about you? You don't see how he can barely speak when he is around you? I can tell you right now, he is in love with you." Lewis said sending both anger and fear throughout my body.

"Then why would he push me out? Why would he yell at me? Why would he treat me like that?"

"He is scared." Lewis said. "I am not defending him. I don't like the way he treated you and I don't want him anywhere near you. But, I know Jason and I know that he is scared. He sees you as something that makes him weak and that scares the fuck out of him. I did the same thing and so did Greggory. We didn't want the one thing that made us weak be the same thing that breaks us." Lewis said with a sigh. I could tell it was painful for him to reflect on his past.

"Well, that isn't an excuse." I said crossing my arms.

"I know and like I said; I am not defending him." Lewis said with a shrug. "He made his bed and now he gets to lay in it."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." I sighed.

"Okay," he nodded and kissed my forehead. "Think about what I said about Sam and get some sleep." He said before leaving the room.