Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Miley's p.o.v

After a while of sitting in silence trying to understand what had just happened between Jason and I, I got ready for bed. I couldn't understand what was going on in his head let alone mine. I didn't know how I felt about Jason, or even Denver. The way that Jason was talking to really fucked with my head. It appeared that he cared, but I wasn't sure if that was my head playing games with me or if he was actually being genuine.

There was no way that I was going to sleep easy now, let alone sleep at all. If I did sleep, I knew that I would have dreams, or even nightmare's, about what was happening around me. So, after tossing and turning I gave up.

My mind was a mess and I was tied between Denver and Jason. As I thought more about that combination, I knew that this wasn't going to end well. Was I going to have too chose between the two of them? Was that what was happening? Let alone, it even being an option. Why did it seem that I was suddenly in the danger zone between the two of them? I wasn't one to pick sides for a fight, if there even was going to be a fight. In all honesty, I wasn't the person to even watch a fight, I was the person fighting. It seemed that both of these immature boys forgot that I can speak for myself.

I mean, maybe I am over reacting, maybe there won't be a fight. I suppose Denver trying to warn me, and scary, me away from working with Jason, or being around Jason at all, just got to me. And, the way Jason acted last night you could tell he was vulnerable. Jason wasn't the type of man that would show weakness, and the weakness that was showing was his vulnerability towards me.

I put a pair of jean shorts on and a lose V-neck before walking downstairs. I didn't know where I was going to go but I thought exploring the house would be better then doing nothing.

"What are you doing?" Fringe asked appearing out of a dark hallway.

"Exploring," I said with a shrugged.

"Ah," he nodded, "can't sleep." He stated.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Well, why don't we go to my workshop and work on a few things?" He asked with a bright smile. "I was just about to head down there myself."

"Sounds like a good plan." I giggled.

"Come on," He gestured for me to follow him. I followed closely behind him down to the workshop. I was still a bit unfamiliar with this big mansion.

"So, mind me asking you what is keeping you from sleeping?" Fringe asked after we entered the workshop.

"Boys," I said simply.

"Oh?" He asked. He was now standing across from me at his workbench.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Denver or Jason, or both?" He asked looking at me.

"Well, that is the complicated part." I said in a frustrated tone. "Denver and I have history, but that is in the past. We kissed earlier and there was nothing there, at least on my side. I don't really give a fuck how he feels about me." I laughed lightly. I mean, that was the truth.

"Denver and you." He chuckled lightly. "I bet you were an odd couple." He continued.

"Yeah," I agreed, "we were really odd. Back then it was different, I was young and stupid. I thought he was cute, and he liked me back. He was the type of guy my father would hate and that made me love the idea of us being together even more." I explained.

"I'm sure it was fun while it lasted." He chuckled. "I know this is a weird question, but have you ever been in love?" He asked.

"No," I shook my head. "I have never been in love and with my life, I doubt I will ever be." I sighed.

"What about Jason?" Fringe asked with a slight smirk and brief chuckle.

"I don't want to talk about that." I said sternly. It wasn't something that I was comfortable talking about considering I have no clue what is happening with him, or even me.

"I'm not trying to pry. I know that sometimes it helps to talk things through and get things off your mind." Fringe reasoned.

I knew that he was right and I knew where he was coming from. And for once it was nice to have someone to talk to, especially someone like him. I had a great crew and I considered them all good friends. I knew that if I needed them or wanted to talk they would be there in a heart beat. But, Fringe wasn't in the position to judge me and I felt there was a good connection between us. I didn't care if he turned around and told Jason or anyone else what I said. It surely wasn't about that. I don't know what it is about him, but I enjoyed his company.

"I know you aren't. I am not trying to close myself off. I suppose I just don't know what is going on between Jason and I. I don't even know what is going on with him. I know that he is going through a rough time and I get it." I explained.

"How do you feel about Jason?" He asked.

"I don't know. It's not one of things that is easy to know or understand." I sighed.

"Boys," he chuckled lowly.

"You know what also pisses me off?" I asked rhetorically. "The fact that all these bitches are underestimating me." I laughed lowly. "I mean, do I look like one of those petty ass girls that need a man to keep me happy and safe? Like, fuck no." I yelled. By this point my blood was starting to boil. The more everything from earlier began to sink in, the more upset I got.

"Well, sometimes you just need to grab the bull by the horns and shock all the fuckers who are sitting around underestimating you." Fringe smiled.

"I'm just over it." I said in frustration.

"Just show them who you are. Show them you don't need them and that they need you." Fringe said. I don't know what it was about that statement that inspired me.

"That's exactly what I am going to do." I smirked.

"If you need any help I'll be here. I doubt you will need help though." Fringe smiled.

"Thanks," I said with a nod. "I think I am going to go back to my room and work some things out. I'll talk with you later." I said walking out of his office and back to my room.

My mind was continuing to wind up and I didn't exactly know how I would, or should, react. Talking to Fringe helped, but I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I was tired of the same old thing. I needed to show my worth, I needed to show that I was strong, and that I didn't need anyone to protect me.