Chapter Forty-One

Miley's p.o.v

Six months. Six months since I have last seen him. I moved out of Jon and Fringe's place. I felt like I had no choice. They were going to force me to stay with Lewis or Greggory and I didn't want that. I don't trust many people anymore and I wasn't about to let people that I don't trust into my life. I promised them that I was going to stay with my mom and Greggory. I lied.

I moved to Florida. The Sunshine state. By the time they had found out it was too late. I left behind a letter and told them that I would contact them once I had settled down. I meant it. I plan to let them know how I am. I'm afraid that if I don't they might leak my secret and I can't risk that. I can't risk much of anything anymore.

"Well, Miley, is there anything else that I can do for you?" Grant asked as he walked me into my new home.

"No, I think I'm good." I said smiling at him.

"If you ever need anything, just call." He said giving me a small hug.

"Thank you, Grant." I said kissing his cheek.

I trusted Grant. He hadn't let me down yet and I knew he never would. Grant and I have a mutual understanding. I have dirt on him and he has dirt on me. If one of us rolls, so does the other. The domino affect. I had no reason to doubt his trust and he the same.

Florida is going to be a new and fresh start for me. I even have a new identity because I want to be untraceable. I am currently living with an elderly couple who agreed to look after me. Grant trusted them and so did I. I wasn't going to be living with them for long. Just for a few months. Once I can adjust to getting back on my feet, I would move out. I plan on staying in Florida, I even bought a house to move into. I am ready even though I still have doubt and fear.

-

Ten months. Ten long months but I am finally on my feet. I moved into my own place. The past four months consisted of a lot of pain but I am happy now. I'm happy sometimes. The happy moments out weigh everything else and I suppose that is the only thing that matters.

Despite everything with Jason, I find myself feeling blessed. I know this is wrong, this whole situation is wrong. I should have done any of this and I shouldn't continue to do any of this but I don't have a choice, do I? I am accountable for so many people's happiness that I can't look back. I am responsible for more then just myself.

"Hello," I said answering Grant's call. He called me from time-to-time in order to check in with me. I've grown to love it because I had someone that cared about me and that I trusted. I don't have that many people to talk to and I especially don't have anyone who both knows and understands me to talk too. Grant had become a reluctant taste of home.

"Miley, it's nice to hear your voice." Grant said.

"You the same," I replied.

"There was an announcement that went out this week. It was sent to a lot of people that are in some relation to you. It requested that anyone who might know where you are, contact you to pass on something important. Greggory and your mother asked a message be delivered." He explained. He seemed to sound a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh lord," I sighed.

"They are getting married and they would like it if you came to the wedding. I'd like to say they will stop looking for you once they get in contact with you but I don't think they will. They really want you at the wedding." He continued. "They don't seem to want to stop looking for you either."

"Shit," I muttered. This is not good, nothing about this situation is good.

"I have to go then," I sighed.

"I know that it will be hard given your current situation." Grant said. Fear entered my body. I feared for them and Jason.

"I don't know what to do about that but I have to do something. I can't let anyone find out." I sighed. I felt slightly angry and frustrated. My emotions are all over the place, still.

"I can fly you in on a private jet," Grant said. I could tell that he was really thinking about this whole thing and I am grateful for him.

"Okay," I sighed in defeat. I didn't have a choice anymore.

"I will send them a message letting them know you will be in attendance. I will get my best guards in line and make sure to have a safe house and secure transfer here, to the wedding, and back." Grant explained.

"Thank you, Grant. I honestly don't know what I would do without you." I said feeling somewhat relieved.

"Don't stress, Miley. You would do the same for me and as would Jason. I get it." He reasoned.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Just FYI, Jason will be at the wedding. Especially if he knows you will be there." Grant said after clearing his throat.

"I'm aware," I spoke softly. "I need your best guys. If something goes wrong and my secret gets out, it won't be pretty."

"Trust me, I know and I understand." Grant assured. "Miley, I don't want to over step and I don't want to offend you because, like I said, I get it. But, don't you think he should know. I mean, he will find out...eventually." He said. I paused for a few moments as I tried to gather my thoughts and emotions.

"I know and I feel terrible. Jason deserves to know the truth. He deserves to know everything. But, I'm not sure I can risk it. Not yet at least. I want to tell him but not yet. I just have an uneasy feeling." I explained.

"Okay," he said. "I will begin working on a plan."

"Thank you," I said before hanging up.

I had to prepare myself for whatever was about to happen.

(Okay... that chapters are going to continue to get worse. Hopefully in a good way. haha. Has anyone figured out her secret? I know what it is but I'm not ready to tell you. I kind of wanted to drop a huge bomb but it is hard to write the lead up without leaving some little hints. So, what do you guys think? I basically have the next chapter done but I don't think you guys are ready. It is going to be big, in content and words. Maybe this weekend or maybe not. Comment your thoughts and vote :) xo)