Chapter Nineteen

Miley's p.o.v

I felt Jason's arms get tighter around my waste as I slowly woke up. I looked up to find that we were both curled tightly in each others arms which was not something that I had expected. Something within me stirred and I felt overwhelmed with warmth. Maybe sleeping with him was a bad idea.

I think...I think that I was starting to feel something for him, or maybe not. What ever it was, it was small. It had been such a long time so I could be wrong but whatever was happening to me right now was not something that I had ever experienced.

I was suddenly filled with fear. I felt scared and emotional and I hated these feelings. What if I felt something for him and he felt nothing for me? I work with him and if I catch feelings for him while he feels nothing for me, that would kill me. I have fucked around enough with my heart and I don't want to go through anything like that again.

Jason slowly stirred and all I wanted was to be free from his grip so I could hopefully get control of myself. Yet, there was a part of me that didn't want him to let go because I didn't want to leave him.

"Miley," he said looking down at me. His brows were furrowed together and he looked at me with a soft expression.

"Jason," I responded looking into his eyes.

"How long was I out?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just woke up a few minutes ago." I said.

He rolled over after letting go me. My heart ached because I wanted his touch. These were not good signs.

"It's 5 in the afternoon." He said rolling back towards me.

"Oh," I said as his arms wrapped back around me. My back was now facing him. He pulled me closer to him so I could feel his chest against my bare back.

"I came in here at like 10am so I guess we were out for a few hours." He moaned as he set his head on my shoulder. "I haven't been able to sleep since we got here." He sighed. His hot breath tickled my neck.

"Do you not like cuddling?" He asked trying to look at my face.

"What?" I asked rolling on my back so I could see him.

"You seem distant." He said looking upset.

"I just, I don't know what this is." I stated simply.

"Well, I think we can both say that we enjoyed the sex." He shrugged. "I haven't had sex like that in a while." He said kissing my neck.

"Me either," I replied.

"Okay,"

"But, what does that mean?" I asked. I didn't want to have this conversation but I would be more confused if we didn't have this conversation.

"I don't know." He sighed rolling onto his back.

"I'm not good at these types of things." I said honestly.

"Yeah, well, like I said neither am I." He chuckled.

"It appears the only thing that we are good at is sex." I laughed lowly.

"Not that that is a bad thing," he countered.

"True. But, that doesn't mean that...well, I don't know what that means." I sighed.

"This doesn't have to be so frustrating." He said grabbing my hand.

"Oh?" I asked looking over at him. He smiled slightly at me before running his knuckles across my cheek. I blushed under his touch hoping that he didn't notice.