Chapter Two

Jason's p.o.v

Pulling into the parking lot of the old mill, I was skeptical about what I was walking into. I didn't know the girl, hell, I never heard of a girl in this line of business.

I got out of the car, as did Chase and Bear. We walked around to the back and walked inside the deserted warehouse that was behind the old mill. Only a few people knew it even existed, mostly because it sat in the middle of nowhere. It had been abandoned a few years back. It just sat there like an unfinished project and collected dust. It was a nice spot for meet-ups and shipment arrivals.

"Jason, glad you could make it." Jeremy said once he saw me in the guy's enter the building.

"Well, you insisted." I spoke looking around at abandoned room. I wanted to be completely aware of my surroundings. I didn't trust anyone and I had my reasons to feel like that.

Standing next to Jeremy was three other men I had never seen before. They didn't say a word once I had arrived, they just watched intensely. The girl I hadn't yet seen, maybe she didn't show up after all.

"I only insisted because this is going to be great products, for the both of us." Jeremy reasoned folding his arms across his chest. Even though this wasn't his territory he always seemed to work his way into my plans.

"I guess I will be the judge of that." I shook my head. "Where is the crafter anyways?" I asked looking around the room.

"Sorry about that, Chuck and I were just doubling checking to make sure we had everything." A woman's voice erupted from behind the three men.

"No problem," Jeremy said looking in the direction of the unseen voice.

"Hello, you must be Jason." She spoke emerging from behind the three men. She was now in full view and I found myself awestruck. A women like her in this business, as breathe taking as she was...it sure wasn't what I was expecting. I shrugged it off, my emotions were fucked up anyways. I couldn't grow too fond of her, I wouldn't let myself.

"Yes, and you are?" I asked looking intensely at her.

"Miley," She half smiled. "It is nice to officially meet you, Jeremy has spoken great things." She said turning her gaze to Jeremy then back to me.

"You're a girl?" Chase asked shocked. "We are collecting from a girl?" I wasn't the only sexist.

"Well, yes. I mean, the last time I checked I was a woman." She laughed lightly with a roll of her eyes. Sassy with an attitude to match.

"Let's see the product." I stated, ignoring Chase's outrage.

"I would like to introduce myself, then my product." She said folding her arms across her chest. Everyone in the room was silent waiting for the sassy one to speak.

"As I have already said, my name is Miley. I know you probably don't trust me or my product and that's okay. I have been crafting since I was 12, my father taught me some and so did my mother." She started as the three men set up a table and placed two large suite cases on the table.

"My father is in this type of business, and I wouldn't be surprised if you have heard of him." She said looking intently at me.

"What's his name?" I asked shortly.

"Maximus Cyrus" She said with a roll of her eyes. The sound of her voice was thick and anger spat out of her mouth. I didn't know much about him, though I have friends that are not so keen to him. I had heard he had a wife and daughter but I never would have expected his daughter to have gone rouge.

"Not surprising," I nodded letting her continue.

"You've heard of him?" She asked, amused.

"Yes, but he isn't exactly an ally." I retorted.

"He doesn't have many." She laughed lowly.

"I can always promise my contacts and clients one thing; I don't hate anyone more than my father. If you're one of my father's enemies, then you are a friend of mine. I'm only after one thing and that is to leave him broken and completely lost like he did to me. He is also the only person I wish to cross." She spat.

"What did he do to you?" I asked, I wanted to dig deeper.

"Most men in this business use women as a prop. I suppose it's no difference between bloods." She spoke, I nodded understanding that he had crossed her.

"Working in this line of duty is not easy, especially when you are a women. I know men aren't keen to that and I get it. But, I worked and am working my way up the ladder just like you. I want to grow stronger while becoming well liked as I make allies and friends along the way. My product helps me to gain the stamina and helps get the word out about me. I know you're skeptical." She smiled softly. She seemed sweet and it was unlikely to find someone like that these day.

"I'm not here to cross you, this is your territory. I don't want anything other than the money I deserve for making my products. We don't have to be friends or allies. As long as I am continuing to my business transactions then I'm happy." She said.

"Moving on," She spoke up while walking to the table. "I love crafting, it's always been something I can dive into and create. I'm a visionary...or at least I try to be." She said opening up the cases. I walked closer and watched as she pulled out a few knives.

"Jeremy told me what you wanted so this case is full of the ones you ordered." She said showing me the knives.

"May I?" Jeremy asked.

"Of course," she nodded and he grabbed one, I did the same.

"Wow," Jeremy said surprised at how nice they were. I was surprised myself, they were nice, smooth, and lightweight.

"I make them lightweight so they easier to throw and use. Making them lightweight makes for faster momentum due to gravity." She said describing the product.

"Interesting," I said examine the knife.

"The second case has some of my favorite products, and the ones my clients like too. I guess you could say that it is a starter pack for my new comers. You are a new client so I want you to see what I can offer and see what you may like for future reference." She explained while opening the other case.

"What other products do you make outside of knives?" I asked looking at the second case.

"I love to design and come up with new and different products. I have created outside of knives, I can do bombs, and even guns. My point is to make them lightweight and to disguise them. My strong suite is knives so I mostly stick to selling them, but I have sold other things." She explained. I am sexist as hell, but I felt the need to try them out.

"Well, this is nice and different" Jeremy smiled at her.

"I think you will love them." She smiled. I quickly looked away, I couldn't spend to long looking at her eyes, or face.

"What do you think?" Jeremy asked looking at me.

"I'll try them." I nodded. I don't think Jeremy would have it any other way.

"Bear," I spoke turning on my heal. I reached my hand out for the brief case full of money.

"Here is the money," I said handing her the case. She took it and handed it to Chuck.

"Count it," She spoke looking at him.

"Don't trust me?" I chuckled.

"Don't take it personally." She rolled her eyes. I couldn't take it when girls rolled their eyes. It was both disrespectful and rude.

"It's all here" Chuck nodded.

"Good," She said zipping the cases back up. Bear walked up and grabbed them.

"Thanks for doing business with me. Let me know if you like them or not." She smiled as we walked out.

"I can't believe we just bought from a girl." Chase said when we got in the car. "A hot girl, might I add." Chase laughed.

"I hope they're not shitty." I said staring intently at the road.

"It looks nice," Bear said.

"Let's hope it works." Chase laughed.