Chapter Forty-Four

Jason's p.o.v

I was in over-drive.

"We know it was an inside job," Grant said clearing his throat. I wanted to fucking kill him. I blamed him for this and I knew Miley did too. "The only guards who weren't killed were Riccardo, Danny, and Miguel." Grant sighed.

"How long have they been working for you?" Sam asked. I felt Miley step next to me and cross her arms. I could sense her anger.

"Almost a year," he said grabbing his phone. "I tried contacting them and came up with nothing." Grant said giving Bear the contact info he had on his phone.

"Riccardo was the one that carried my things in from the car, right?" Miley asked taking a few steps toward Grant.

"I believe so," Grant nodded. "I had him on top of security here. He was one of my best." Grant said running his fingers through his hair.

"Do you remember anything about him? Did he say anything to you?" Greggory asked Miley.

"He hit on me," Miley shrugged and I growled.

"What else did he do?" I asked as anger rippled through my body.

"When he saw Isabella he lit up. He asked to hold her and I didn't get a chance to respond because Grant showed up." Miley said. I could tell that she was deep in thought.

"Did he say anything when he saw Jason?" I asked.

"He was shocked," Miley said as she began to think further into it. Her arms were crossed and she was standing in front of me, avoiding my eyes.

"I didn't tell them that Miley was bringing anyone. So the kids were a surprise." Grant said taking a few steps toward Miley and I.

"Did Riccardo say anything to you, Grant?" Greggory asked.

"He asked if they were in charge of watching the kids and I told him Michelle was in charge of taking care of them and he and the guys were needed to watch over the house." Grant shock his head.

"He was planning on taking me so when the kids showed up things shifted. He already had everything planned out and that was why he was so shocked." Miley said as her eyes became bigger. I nodded in agreement. They planned on taking Miley.

"It would also explain why the whole house is a mess." Denver said. "Obviously, he didn't have enough time to plan everything out." Denver said as he looked around the room.

"Why would he want to kidnap Miley?" Tessa asked. Everyone in the room was silent because we all knew the answer.

"Me," I said letting out a sharp sigh. "It was to get me and it would have worked." I sighed.

"Jason," Miley said walking towards me.

"No," I shock my head and took a step back. I didn't want her to touch me. I wanted her touch but I knew that I would fall deeper under her spell. I was to blame and I would always be the one to blame.

"I was mad before because I didn't understand why you would keep them away but now I know. You knew something like this would have happened." I said as the anger reached a knew high.

"I didn't know this was going to happen but I knew that something could happen. Once I found out I was pregnant everything changed. I wanted to stick around, I didn't want to leave. But things changed and I couldn't shake the feeling of wanting to protect them." Miley said. I could see that she was getting angrier by the second. I wanted her to be mad; I wanted her to be mad at me.

"You should have never come here." I shouted as I let my anger out on her.

"I didn't want too! But I didn't have a fucking choice. It was either I come to the fucking wedding or you all would have tracked me down and god only knows what would have happened then!" She shouted back. She looked at Greggory and Tessa before looking back at me.

"Enough," Greggory shouted as if he was the boss of this situation.

"No," Miley shook her head. "I'm done with this fucking arguing." She said grabbing the phone out of Bears hand.

"I don't care what the fuck you all have to say. I'm done talking. I'm done trying to act reasonable. I want my kids." Her voice cracked as it got deeper and louder.

"I thought you guys could fucking help but it seems all you want to do is fucking argue and I'm not in the mood. There are so many people in this room who can take the blame for this, myself included." She sighed.

"I don't even care who you want to blame. All I know is that if I don't have my kids in the next 24 hours I will kill someone. It seems the only person who won't toss the blame game around isn't in the fucking room." She spat.

She dialed a number on the phone and put it to her ear. Curiosity had struck within me and I wanted to know who she was calling. I was also extremely surprised by how angry she was.

"You remember that favor?" She asked. I was falling deeper in-love with her all because of her attitude. "I'm ready to cash in." She said looking at me. A feeling erupted in my stomach and fear flashed though my body. I think I know who she is talking to and that scares me.

"I need you on the next flight to Canada and I need the dogs." She said hanging up the phone.

"Give me the computer," Miley waited for Bear to hand it to her to which he did.

"I need all the information on Riccardo, Danny and Miguel. I also need surveillance footage." She said handing the computer to Jon. "Have Bear help you." They nodded and got to work without another question.

"Who did you call?" Greggory asked. Maximus.

"You already know the answer to that." Miley said placing her hand on her hips and let a smirk appear on her face. Damn.