Chapter Twenty-Three

Miley's p.o.v

After a long conversation about Greggory's proto-type we wrapped up and Fringe and I went to meet with Jason. Greggory was going to show Jason the bomb later tonight after he made a few changes.

"Jason," Fringe said walking into his office with me following behind him.

"Take a seat," Jason said gesturing for us to sit down.

"Sorry I'm late boss," Mic said walking into the office and shutting the door behind him. Jason nodded and stood to his feet.

"I've already talked with Julian and Will," Jason started. He walked around his desk and crossed his arms. "I received some information earlier this morning that Denver went to talk with Jeremy and told him what Derek and Maximus were up too. I also received some information that they were flying to Miami to talk with some of Jeremy's old contacts." Jason cleared his throat.

"Is this a threat?" Fringe asked.

"It might be," Jason shook his head. "I worry that Denver didn't tell us everything and it bothers me that he went to Jeremy." He said walking back around his desk and sitting in his chair.

"What do you think Jeremy will do?" I asked leaning forward.

"I honestly don't know. Derek is his son, that's blood." Jason shrugged.

"Do you really think Denver is going to work with him? I mean he seemed shaken up by Derek and Maximus to begin with. He had a fresh bullet wound so I think we can agree he didn't lie about being shot." I said.

"I don't know," He shook his head. "Denver expressed his fears for your safety but then ran to Jeremy after he left here. It doesn't seem right." Jason said with a serious expression.

"He could be pissed about the fight and the fact that you and Miley are a thing." Fringe said.

"We aren't a thing." Jason said with an annoyed expression. I honestly wasn't surprised by his outburst at all because he was right; we aren't a 'thing'.

"He is jealous nonetheless." Fringe countered. "You stole his girl,"

"Christ," I sighed. "I was Denver's 'girl' years ago and even though I broke up with him, I don't think that this is what he is mad about."

"Miley, he said he in love with you and in his mind Jason stole his girl." Fringe reasoned. "Not to mention Jason and Denver have history together." He continued.

"History?" Jason chuckled.

"His anger for you steams from somewhere," Fringe shrugged. There was something that Jason wasn't telling us.

"I'm the one that should be angry." Jason spat.

"What is the beef between you and him?" I asked.

"Mic, give me the file and leave. I will get in touch with you later." Jason said looking in Mic's direction.

"Here boss," Mic said handing him a folder and walking out the door.

Jason rubbed his face before running his hands through his hair.

"Denver and I meet through a trade. We ran into each other a few other times when I was in Boston. We ended up working together on a few different projects. We became friends." He sighed. This was painful for him to talk about and I had yet to understand why.

"We shared everything, even girls but I told him that I didn't want to share the girl that I was dating. He wasn't really happy about that and that caused us to fight. She was the first girl I dated in a while. He ended up stealing the girl from me and I walked in on them fucking. I really shouldn't have been surprised but I was."

"The next day we had to do a bomb together. I was still pissed but I didn't have a choice but to work with him. After the bomb went off he told me that my girl was tied up in the building we just blew up." He sighed in frustration.

"I wasn't in love with her but she was a good fuck. We got into a fight and we ended up never seeing each other again after that." Jason said.

I was shocked, confused and angry but I didn't show any of those emotions. I just stayed silent. There was still something that he was leaving out.

"So that is why you hate him?" Fringe asked.

"Yes," Jason nodded.

"Okay well that doesn't explain why he hates you." I said. Jason had left to look at me.

"This part is a bit complicated. I have sister." Jason sighed.

"Back then I made a lot of stupid mistakes. I let him meet my sister and he helped me keep her safe. He was only one of five people who know about her, well, knew." He paused for a second and leaned forward in his chair.

"Somehow word got out that I had a sister and I was blackmailed. He and I both lost it. I couldn't understand why he was as mad as I was and then that is when I realized; he loved her. I was so pissed but I didn't let him know that I knew. Anytime they were in the same room together it became more apparent to me." He continued.

"In order to keep her safe I had to make a plan and I didn't tell him about it. Bear helped me with it. We kidnapped her and hid her in order to keep her safe. She was furious with me but I didn't have any other choice. I then staged a bombing in my house. Fringe thought she was inside when the bomb went off. He knew it was me and was pissed at me." He paused again.

"That is what lead to him stealing my girl and blowing her up. He wants me to feel what he felt. My sister is more then safe now, and now only 4 people know that she is really alive." Jason finished.

I stayed silent. What could I say?

"Well that explains a lot." Fringe sighed.

"I think that he is working with Jeremy because he wants to get back at me for Miley." He said.

"So, this is just a game for him?" I asked.

"I don't know. He found out I was working with you and probably came here to take you from me. When you chose me it was me winning, again. Or at least in his mind. He tried to take you from me the same way he did back then."

"So, he was going to kill me?" I asked.

"I don't know," Jason shrugged. "All I know is that everything he said to you was a lie. I wanted to tell you sooner but I didn't know how." Jason shrugged.

Was I just a piece in his fucked up game? Was he only with me because of Denver?