Chapter Forty-Seven

Jason's p.o.v

"They are pulling in now," Miley said walking back into the living room.

I had been working on tracking down my crew and informing them to keep everyone on lock down and to be looking out for the Kisses.

"Great," I sighed standing to my feet.

"Are you ready?" I asked walking towards her.

"I'm never ready," she shook her head but walked to the door and opened it.

People I had never seen before filled the house. I wasn't intimidated by the people; it was the reality of the situation that had finally hit me. Miley, Maximus and I walked into the kitchen to talk in private. I knew that this conversation would be eventful.

"So, you have children." Maximus smiled.

He didn't seem to surprised but he did seem genuine about his smile. After the peace was made between us, he came around to working with us. He slowly discovered that having us on his side was an asset to him and he needed us more than he originally knew. Working against each other wasn't at all helpful and now that we were on the same side, we have become stronger.

I wasn't sure that I completely trusted him but he knew that if he went against us that there would be hell to pay. Thus far, we have helped him a lot and now it is his turn to help us.

"Yeah," Miley nodded.

"Who is behind this?" Maximus asked looking at me.

"I believe it is the Kisses. I have been having some issues with them for a while now." I sighed.

"Is there anyone else it could be?" He asked.

"I don't think so." I shook my head.

"Alright then," Maximus said with a sigh. "I have my best guys on it. I have had relations with the Kisses in that past and it was never good so I know we are up against some tough shit." Maximus nodded as he thought.

"I also might have some leverage." He smiled.

"What do you mean?" Miley asked.

"Well, the reason I have worked with them is because they wanted something of mine. I might be able to settle all ties but I have to check with a few clients. I should know for sure within a few hours." Maximus said standing to his feet.

"Look, I know you both think I am a monster and I haven't given you anything to think differently. But, I owe you Miley. I want to make this as clean and safe as possible, I don't want a war and I don't think you guys do either. There are children involved." He nodded.

"Thank you," Miley said standing to her feet.

"Don't worry about it. Relax and I will catch up with you in a few hours." He said walking out of the room. Miley let out a sharp sigh after he left the room.

"Come here," I said reaching out to Miley. She fell into my lap and sobbed on my shoulder.

"It's going to be okay. Just let it all out." I said soothing her. "We are going to get through this." I sighed.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled into my chest. I rubbed her back and tried my best to calm her down.

I wasn't mad at her, I honestly wasn't. I felt bad for her and this situation that we both found ourselves in. I wished that I could have been there for her and the kids. I wish I could have been by her side through the whole pregnancy but at least I can make it up to her now.