Chapter Fifteen

Miley's p.o.v

As I walked into Denver's room closing the door behind me. The prospect had just given him his food and now the two of us were now alone. I didn't know what I came here looking for but I needed to figure this out.

"Look, Miley, I didn't know where else to go and I didn't know what else to do. I needed to make sure that you knew what was happening, and I needed to make sure that you were safe." He sighed sitting down on the edge of his bed with a distraught facial expression. I could easily read him and I knew that he was being honest with me. Would he have a reason not to be?

"We don't have to talk about that." I said. I stood against the door expecting to come up with some words to say to him. But, I had nothing. I just didn't know what to say to him. I had so many mixed emotions that I wasn't even sure if those emotions, or feelings, were for Denver or someone else.

"Well, I don't really know what to say." He said standing to his feet. "Are you okay? I mean, you are working with Jason." He walked closer to to and started at me intensely. He spoke about Jason in anger which didn't sit right with me.

"I'm fine. I am working with Jason because we both have the same goal." I reasoned. I didn't understand why he seemed to care. Why should he?

"Are you sure? I don't think you really know what you are getting yourself into with Jason." Denver shook his head and crossed his arms across his chest. This topic heated him and it also heated me. He obviously has a harsh biased towards Jason, for whatever reason.

"We are after the same things. I don't care what you think about him." I shook my head. Who I do business with is none of Denver's business. I didn't have to answer to him.

"Miley, you don't get it." He sighed in frustration.

"I don't need too." I said raising my voice slightly. "It's none of your business anyways." I said in an anger tone. I didn't want to argue with him when there really wasn't anything to argue about.

"Miley," he sighed.

"No, I came here to see how you were doing not to get a lecture from you about Jason and I working together." I yelled.

"Fine, I am sorry." He sighed giving in. "I don't want to fight."

He walked closer to me and grabbed my waist. He slowly pulled me closer towards him and planted his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. It seemed he was moving faster then I wanted and I found myself laying on his bed. I didn't want this and I didn't want him. I clearly had no feelings for him, at least not anymore.

"Wait," I said pushing on his chest. "I don't want this," I said getting up. He sighed and rolled off of me.

"Then what do you want?" He whined.

"I think I should leave." I said walking out of the room.

I wasn't sure what was going on, but I didn't want to be with him right now, or ever for that matter. Going to his room was clearly a mistake. I knew that we had both changed over the course of the years. We grew apart and I didn't feel the same about him as I did then. Things were different, I was different.

I found myself back in the hallway walking towards my room. I went into my room and shut and locked the door behind me.

"Miley," I heard my name being said and I looked up to see Jason sitting on the couch in my room with an intense look on his face.

"Jason," I said surprised to see him in my room.

"You talked with Denver?" He asked. His face was tense and I could already tell that this conversation was doomed.

"Yes," I said clearing my throat.

"Did he say anything of importance?" He asked as he clearly tried to read my face.

"No," I shook my head.

"Okay," he said leaning forward. He placed his elbows on his knees and sighed.

I walked towards him and sat on the couch next to him. I didn't want to say anything because there really wasn't anything that I should say. I sat in silence knowing that this was probably for the best.

"Look, I don't really know how to say this." Jason cleared his throat. He folded his hands in front of him and looked at the ground.

"I don't have a good relationship with Denver anymore. That bridge has burned a long time ago. I can sit here and tell you all the terrible things we did together, but I am not going to. I know he will probably try and warn you about me, and I think you should listen. I am not the kind of guy you want to find in your room at night." He sighed. "I won't be offended by anything he says because I'm sure that it is all true. My past and my present is dark." He continued. I had never seen him like this before, and I am sure that know one ever has seen him like this.

I had no idea why he felt the need to tell me this, but I wasn't going to bother asking him. I was going to let him talk because this was obviously something that was weighing heavily on him.

"Just do me a favor and be careful when you are around him. I don't trust him and I have reasons why. I know you probably don't like being told what to do. I don't like it either. But, if he is going to tell you things about me then you should know that he isn't such a safe guy either." He stood to his feet.

I wasn't worried about who Denver was, or what Jason and Denver did together. Denver is someone of the past and I clearly don't have any feelings for him, so I highly doubt that I will be spending anytime alone with him anymore. But, that wasn't something that Jason needed to know.

"I don't really know where I am going with this." He sighed before standing to his feet and walking out of my room.

I honestly couldn't understand why he felt the need to basically tell me that he was a dangerous person. I knew that, and it seems that he is forgetting who I am. I know what I am getting myself into. Has the thought never crossed his mind that I might be dangerous too? Why the fuck is everyone underestimation me?