Chapter Forty

Miley's p.o.v

It has almost been four months. Four months since I have seen him. Four months since I have found out. A lot has changed in four months. I have changed; emotionally, mentally and physically. Nothing is as it once was.

At first, I didn't want this. I didn't want this at all. But, change happened and once it started I couldn't stop it. I couldn't turn back and I honestly don't want to turn back.

I am currently living with Fringe and Jon. They work a lot so most of the time the house is empty, with the exception of someone being here to make sure that I am okay. Fringe and Jon insisted that if I stayed with them someone would have to be in the house at all times in case of an emergency.

I don't see my 'babysitter', but I can request things if I need to. I am trying to stay out of sight. The only people who see me are Fringe and Jon because I trust them the most. I know there are other people I can trust but I don't think that I can trust them with this.

This is big. My whole life is changing in a big way and I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do about it. I have been trying to form some type of plan but I still don't know what I want to do. Fringe and Jon voice their opinions from time-to-time even when I don't ask. I know that they only mean well and I care so deeply about them that I try my best not to snap at them.

Fringe and Jon are strange. They moved in to this house together after the meet. They don't, really, work together. They both have separate jobs but they live in the same place. I try not to think to much into it but I have a feeling that there is more to their story. Considering I don't do anything with my life, I have all this free time on my hands so I might as well think about their strange lives.

"Hey, Miley," I heard Jon shout walking up the stairs to my door. I immediately pushed my thoughts to the side and opened the door to see Jon standing there with a bright smile on his face.

"Jon!" I smiled jumping into his arms.

"Careful!" He laughed hugging me closely.

"How was your trip?" I asked pulling away from him.

"It was good, glad to be back here." He smiled.

"Miley, Jon," Fringe called from down stairs.

"Let's go down. I want to get started on dinner. Are you hungry?" He asked as we walked down the stairs to the living room.

"Yeah," I said with a smile. I had missed the both of them and I am happy that they are back. You can only be alone for so long without going crazy.

"Miley," Fringe said with a smile once he saw me. "I missed you!" He said giving me the best bear hug he could give whilst trying to be careful.

"I missed you too," I laughed as he pulled away.

"How long are you guys going to be here?" I asked as I followed them into the kitchen.

"It depends." Fringe shrugged trying not to look at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at Jon.

"We might have to go help an old friend." Jon said trying to avoid eye contact.

"I don't like when you guys do this. I am not fragile and I would like to know where you are so I know you are safe." I said getting upset. I wasn't angry. I barely got angry these days. I was just mad that they weren't telling me things.

"Look, we aren't trying to keep things from you." Fringe sighed walking closer to me. Jon stood off to the side watching me.

"Jason requested our services. He said he would call when he needed us but it won't be anytime soon though. Probably a few weeks from now. He knows we just got back from a long job and that we need a break. We will probably be in Canada for a while." Fringe said holding both of my hands as if I would break at the mention of his name. I froze.