Chapter One

Jason's p.o.v

"Jason!" She screamed.

I looked to my right then my left, I couldn't find her. She was nowhere in my sights, all I could see was the darkness. I didn't know where I was, I was so lost and confused. Her screams got louder and louder. Her voice was soft yet terrorizing. Where was she? I started running faster and faster hoping that I would see or find something.

"Please, Jason" she begged. It seemed like I was getting closer but I still couldn't see a thing. I was just running to nowhere but a voice. I didn't even know who she was, this could all be a hoax for all I know. It seemed as though her voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't put a face to the sound.

"Where are you?" I screamed for the hundredth time. I was sweating and I felt like I was not getting anywhere.

"Jason!" She shouted again. Suddenly, I heard buzzing getting louder and louder.

"Please!" She shouted again, louder and more terrorizing than ever before. I jolted forward my eyes opening wide. Sweat trickled down my forehead. I shook my head in disbelief...that was the third time I have had that dream.

I got up and saw that it was 5am, great another restless night. I got a shower and walked downstairs. At least I could craft due to that fact that there was always work to be done.

"You are up early." Chase chirped when he saw me enter the kitchen to get a snack.

"I couldn't sleep." I spoke.

"Another bad dream?" He asked looking at me.

"Yes," I nodded making myself a sandwich. I didn't want to talk about it. I was still in shock, and I didn't want to share more than I needed too.

"Well, we have a lot of orders that need finished by this week, so I guess it is good that you are up." He smiled cheerfully.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked shaking my head at how happy he seemed.

"I, unlike you, get up at this hour for the fun of it." He laughed at my misery.

"Congrats," I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room with food in my hand.

I walked into the basement and started my day. Chase was right, there were many orders that needed tended too. Work was an easy way to busy myself when I wasn't fucking some slut.

---

"Hey boss, sorry to intrude." Bear said distracting me from my work.

"What is it?" I asked looking at my phone. I had been working for over 5 hours and it was now 12 o'clock in the afternoon.

"Jeremy is here, he says it's important." Bear spoke watching me intensely.

"Alright," I nodded. I cleaned up my station before following Bear up the stairs.

Jeremy was an old friend and ally. He used to be the one in charge and I worked under him and his son. That is, until things went crazy. Jeremy lost everything and I had to step in and run things. I was still close to him and I trusted him.

"Jason, good to see you." Jeremy spoke once I entered the living room.

"Nice to see you too," I nodded and took a seat across from him.

"What is this about?" I spoke up once Bear had left the room.

"Well, remember when you had asked me to contact Earl a few weeks back?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm still waiting on the shipment." I spoke.

"Sadly, I found out that he died. A heart attack, surprisingly." He shook his head. It is surprising, that man had nine lives and he had been shoot multiple times.

"When?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"A few weeks back." He answered with a frown.

"What about my order? I need those knives by the end of the month." Raised my voice. I felt somewhat bad for Earl, but he was an old man. Those knives were more important to me. I needed to be prepared for anything that would be thrown my way.

"Well, I had to go do some search for a new crafter. I was going to tell you sooner, but I know how you get about this kind of thing. I didn't want to worry you." He said.

"I found someone, she comes with great recommendations." He said shifting in his seat.

"She?" I asked shocked by his statement. A girl?

"Yes, also another reason why I didn't tell you. We both know how sexist you can be." He laughed. He was right but I had my reasons. Women had to many feelings that would be distracting in a job like this.

"I don't want shitty knives, Jeremy. I need high quality." I raised my voice again.

"Don't you trust me?" He asked, shaking his head.

"That's not the point." I shook my head. At this point my trust was thin and in Jeremy's case, too thin.

"Sure," He laughed.

"Anyways, she will be here tonight with your order. She said she likes to meet her customers face-to-face so she knows who they are, also so she can get feedback." He stood to his feet.

"I don't like this idea, and I don't trust her." I stood to my feet as well.

"I have heard a lot of good things. And I will be there in case anything goes wrong." He assured. "Let's not be so quick to judge based on her sex." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Where? What time?" I asked rolling my eyes. It seemed as though I had no choice and I needed the product.

"7 at the old mill." He said walking towards out of the house.

I wasn't in the mood to deal with this. Since I took over, I had to gain the trust from Jeremy's former contacts. I needed to make sure that I was up to date and up to speed. I had to be at the top of my game and make sure I showed no signs of weakness. Jeremy was an asset and I had to trust him in a time like this.

"Chase," I called walking into his office.

"Yes?" He asked spinning around in his chair to face me.

"We have a shipment of knives coming in at 7 at the old mill." I said walking into his office.

"Okay," He nodded. "Is Earl going to be there?" He asked.

"No, Earl had a heart attack a few weeks back." I shook my head. "Jeremy found someone else whom comes with good recommendations." I said leaving the part about her being a girl out of the sentence. I sure wasn't the only sexist person.

"All right." he nodded and got back to his work.

"Make sure to inform Bear. We will leave here at 6:30." I said and walked back to the basement.

It surprised me that there was a woman in this business crafting knives. Having woman is this type of business was rare and not something people liked. It was somewhat frowned upon. This would be an interesting night.

((hey! I know that this chapter was a bit boring, I am sorry for that. The first chapter is always boring lol. Things will pick up soon, I have so many ideas and I cannot wait to see how everything pans out. Just FYI, each chapters will be nothing less than 1,000 words, if not more. I can't promise when I update because I am in school full time and I have a part time job. So, it will be slow updates. If you have any questions, comments, or ideas feel free to message me or comment below. Please comment and vote! This is a new story so I really need some feedback. Thanks, xoxo))