t w e n t y - f o u r

ATTENTION: IF YOURE GOING TO INDY OTRA AND YOU WANT TO MEET UP WITH ME, DM ME ON INSTAGRAM (inthepants.wp) OR TWITTER (inthepantss). IF YOU DONT HAVE THAT MEDIA, JUST DM ME ON WATTPAD, BUT THERE IS A LESSER CHNACE OF ME REPLYING. WE'LL PROBABLY MEET UP DURINB ICONA POP OR SOMETIME BEFORE THE BOYS.

Granola: Harry's Power Source.
+
t w e n t y - f o u r

(A/N- people asked me if I am after af bc of the reference last chapter and I can assure you I am NOT after af. Sorry. I just did that bc people were commenting "after Harry lol" on this book and this is nothing like after so)

"Girlfriend?"

"No!" He shouted, lunging forward, which resulted in him bumping his head against the vent door. "Ow," he mumbled, rubbing his head. "I mean, I didn't mean that, you know. It just kind of, like, slipped," he spilled out. "Like, I mean, I know we aren't dating and all, it's just like, we, like, act a lot like we are, and like, I guess I subconsciously think of you as a girlfriend." I stood still, staring at the boy in the vent. A silence of about thirty seconds took over, until Harry let his head fall against the metal. The sound echoed. "I'm sorry," he muttered with his lips resting against the lower section. "I've scared you off," he said under his breath.

I was unfortunately still frozen.

"Jess," he whined softly. "I swear it didn't mean anything, okay? I mean, I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend. I know that it's too early and everything, and like, I respect you and stuff. Like I mean, if you wanted to be my girlfriend, I would be totally okay with that, but like I know that you don't... well at least I think that you don't want that right now, and stuff. So like, you know? It didn't mean anything and we're just--"

"Harry, you babbling idiot, stop talking," I mumbled. There was an immediate halt to his speech. I inhaled deep breath and walked over the the wall, reaching up on my tiptoes and trying to grab the vent cover. He assisted me, pushing on it allowing me to easily grab it and set it on the ground. Everything was eerily silent. I sighed, holding my arms out.

"What?" His voice was unsure and unsettled as he peaked his head out with his hair falling around his beautiful face.

"You can use my hands for support, but I'm not catching you," I warned. He nodded hastily, pulling his arms out and reaching toward me. I tried not to sigh at the feeling of our hands intertwined.

He began to push himself out of the vent and I saw that this wasn't going to work.

"Harry, maybe we should try a new p--" I wasn't able to complete my sentence, because he shoved himself out the vent, lunging toward me. "Harry!" I shouted, trying to wrap my arms around him, at least to cushion his blow.

I was lucky that I didn't just fall backwards and smack my head against the cement, but instead, it was like he gripped to me like a baby koala and we went down at first, and then fell back. It was painful, but never reached is potential.

"Ow," he mumbled, his body laying across mine.

"Oh, my god. Get off of me, you big fat lard," I groaned, pushing him to roll off me.

"Unkind words. Be nice to nice." I rolled my eyes.

"How are you? Did you get hurt?" He shook his head. "Must've only been me," I mumbled, rubbing my elbow.

"Physically, I'm fine," he began. "Emotionally, I'm bruised." I struggled to hide my smile, looking at him propped up on his arms, grinning at me.

"You're an idiot," I laughed, standing up.

"So," he started, standing up and brushing himself off, "are we just going to ignore the fact that I called you my girlfriend? Or..."