t h r e e

Yes, I Like Piña Coladas.

-

t h r e e :

After slipping the usual high-waisted cutoffs on, a band tee shirt, and pulling my hair in a pony before dabbing on concealer under my eyes (thanks for the dark circles, dad) and winged eyeliner, I shot out of the cabin, rushing to the dining hall.

Pancakes and fruit sat on my tray as I listened to the girls chat around me. Stevie had to sit with the other counselors and staff, since they needed to discuss things. Every time I would look over at her and blow her a kiss, I noticed Harry looking at me with a weird smile on his face, that I read as "what-the-hell-why-are-you-blowing-kisses-it's-kinda-funny-ha-ha."

So, in summary, breakfast wasn't the "funnest." We were dismissed to the "Craft Shack," which I learned was just a big gazebo-like building with random paints, things to paint on, and other art supplies. Lots of paint.

Seriously, there were specks on the ceiling.

I let everyone go before me in line to get the things they wanted, so that I could take as much time as I pleased. My eyes scanned over hot glue and wooden slabs. I grinned and grabbed yellow, blue, and red paint with paintbrushes in them, ready to take them back to my seat.

"H-Hey," a voice shakily murmured beside me. I turned to my right to see Harry, with a nervous smile on his pink lips. "I got you some macaronis to glue on your project." A smile broke across my face as I felt like I was 7 again. I giggled and grabbed the box out of his hand, thanking him silently as a soft grin spilled across his lips. I walked away slowly trying to contain my smile. I walked to the table, standing next to Stevie who had already began splattering paint on a wooden board that was made to hang as a sign.

"What? Where'd you get the good stuff?" Stevie asked, looking down at my hand.

"What?"

"The macaronis. I been complaining about the lack of noodle up in this shack for the last three years. Were those over there?"

"N-No. Some one gave them to me," I murmured sheepishly, siding onto the bench.

"Who?"

"Harry."

"I'm pretty sure the gift of macaroni is marriage proposal in some countries."

***

I stood in the mirror, adjusting my ponytail to make sure that I didn't look like a boy, when I felt someone grab my bum.

"What the-" I looked behind me in the mirror to see a reflection of Stevie giggling like a f.ucking five-year-old because she'd touched my a.ss. "Is that so funny?" I asked, face emotionless. She continued to giggle, nodding. "I'll grab your boob, will you laugh then?" Her face fell, and she looked utterly shocked.

"Grab my- Oh god, no- I-..." I doubled over in laughter, while she remained standing straight up with wide eyes.

"I'm absolutely kidding," I breathed, catching my breath. I was honestly shocked that I'd said that. I mean, sure I thought weird remarks like that, but rarely did I discuss boob-grabbing. It has to be a pretty special occasion.

"Cabin inspection!" A loud, booming voice called out.

"Okay, kids, hide the drugs," Stevie called out, making us all laugh. I walked over to my bed, straightening the pillow, until something caught my eye.

Mother f.uck.

I rushed over to them, my breathing increasing due to asthma. "Jess, what are you doing?" Stevie called out. "All of your stuff is fine." She seemed oblivious to what I was doing, until I turned around with near to 13 c.ondoms in my hand. "You still have those?" She squealed and I vigorously nodded. "Hide them!" I looked around panicked. I let out a small shriek when I heard a doorknob, rushing over to my bed and storing them under my mattress.