A smile wouldn't solve everything (Gerards POV)

I felt guilty for leaving Frank to sob on the floor. I was just too mad at him. He leaves for 2 months and returns to just stand there and smile. Smiles don't solve problems, they don't end wars. He has a smile that could end wars but it wouldn't solve this mess he's got our relationship into! Wow Gerard, are you really blaming this all on him? Well he did leave for 2 moths without a call or text but 1. He didn't have his phone 2. His parents didn't even mention that they were leaving. Why am I making excuses for him? He's my boyfriend and I like him loads. Wait? Like,is that the right word? Love? No way! I couldn't "LOVE" Frank, could I? Maybe i did? Maybe I don't? He still left for 2 fucking months!

I woke up around 11:30am the next morning, still holding on tightly to frank's waist. He was still silently asleep. I'd missed this. I needed him. I couldn't stay angry at him but I can't just forgive him? I can't forgive him until I get some answers, none of this "I can't tell you" bullshit! Unless he tells me where he's been these past 2 months he'll be getting my cold shoulder!

I decided to leave him asleep and wonder downstairs to make some breakfast and coffee. As I walked into the kitchen his mum was sat at the table drinking coffee. She gave a polite smile as I walked in and I returned it. What is it with the Iero family thinking a smile will solve things? I walked over to the coffee machine, making mine and Frankie's coffee,frankie? Wait no franks , I'm still pissed at him. As I was waiting for it to brew I tapped my fingers against the side board.

"How is Frank this morning" Mrs Iero asked happily. I thought about a reply because really I didn't have a clue on how frank was feeling, "He's fine.Still asleep" I answered bluntly. She gave a small smile before picking up her empty mug and going over to the dishwasher.

"I know you missed him Gerard but we had some family business to sort out and I honestly didn't realiSe we'd be away for 2 months."

"I know, he said. I just missed him loads and I came by here everyday. Twice a day to see if he'd come back! I know it's stupid to say and it's early days but I think I love him..."

At that moment frank appeared in the doorway. A small smile on his face. A happy smile. His hair was sticking up in all directions. He had really bad bags under his eyes but his smile still seemed to shine through. What the fuck is it and this family about smiles!!

"I think I love you too Gee"

I then found myself smiling for this to be the first genuine time in 2 months.

A/N: TBH I HAVE NO PLOT FOR THIS STORY LIKE IVE NEVER HAD ONE BUT I HAVE A FEW IDEAS SO THIS COULD GO ANY WAY!!

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS
LIKE AND COMMENT!! THANKS