Chapter-8

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

Sitting in front of my ex-husband and having an awkward dinner with him is something I didn't expect to happen today. I am squirming in my seat every two minutes. His gaze is so intimidating like always. I didn't even look up. I don't want to meet his eyes. I haven't even seen his face clearly till now. The main important thing that running through my mind right now is why did he buy me?

Why did he show up after all these years?

What does he want?

"Celestine", his deep voice called my name, which send chills down my body. How can he still have that effect on me? I raised my head and looked at him. His face changed so much. He is having a five O' clock shadow now. His eyes lost the spark that they used to have in them. He has dark circles under his eyes. He still have those muscles and a perfect fit body.

"Yes?".

"You are not eating", he pointed out. I put the fork down in the plate and looked at him.

"Heath, why did you brought me, when you can have anyone of them. There still other beautiful women there", I said as I sat back, leaning my back to the soft chair and folded my arms under my chest, pushing my breasts part up, showing more cleavage. His gaze fell on them and quickly looked away. I slowly put my hands down on the table again. There was an awkward silence for a minute.

"I don't want any of them".

"What?! Oh! So you saved me, before another man can buy me. I get it!". I get it now! He must have brought me to save me from other men there!

"Yeah, a little bit of that".

"What? What do you mean little bit?".

"Celestine I don't want you to marry Paul", he stated firmly. What?!

"What?!", I asked back in the same voice.

"I said, I don't want you to marry Paul", he said gripping his glass tightly.

"What do you mean?! I will marry whomever I want! Who are you to tell me!", I shouted back. Good thing we are at his pent house. No one can hear us. He didn't take me to his house. I didn't want to go there and feel bad with all the memories. He brought me to his pent house.

"I am your husband!". My mouth opened agape.

"What?! You are my ex-husband!", I said as I stood up from the chair.

"I don't care! I don't want you to marry that bastard and you are not marrying him! That's it!". How dare he call Paul, a bastard! I am sure smoke is coming out of my ears.

"How dare you call him a bastard?! Paul is a very good man. He is nothing like you!".