Chapter-14

Chapter-13

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

"What do you mean by you have a private investigator on me?", I asked him clamly. He stood in front of me with his hands in his pant pockets. Annie and Peter went to their rooms. Right now, me and Heath are standing in my room.

"It's noth-".

"Don't say it's nothing! How long have you hired an investigator on me?!", I asked getting angry.

"Celestine, forg-".

"Heath. Tell me", I demanded calmly with a clenched jaw. He let out a sigh.

"Since a year now", he said not meeting my eyes.

"A year! A whole freaking year?! Are you serious?!", I almost shouted getting angry every minute.

"I know. I don't have any right. But I can't stop myself. I can't just.... keep myself from knowing what you are doing. Also I wanted to knwo that you are safe every minute", he explained.

"I am safe Heath. I don't want someone to keep me safe! You have no right to invade my privacy", I said in a low angry voice.

"I know", he said nodding lightly while looking down.

"We parted our ways to have our own lives. I gave you what you want. I gave you your life back! Then why are coming back into mine?!".

"Celest, Baby-".

"Don't! Don't call me that. You have no right to call me that. Why Heath? Why are you doing all this? A private investigator? Like seriously?". I shook my head at him.

"I am sorry. I.... didn't knwo what to do. You were so far away from me. It's the time I realized that I am in love with you. I didn't know what to say to you even if I meet you. I wanted to know what you did every minute, everyday-", I cut him off.

"So you decided to hire a person to see what I do everyday? Do you know how creepy it sounds?".

He just stood there looking at the floor. I took a deep breathe and let the air out after a minute, trying to cool myself.

"Heath", I breathed out his name.

He looked at me and our eyes met. We both stared at each other for a minute.

"Don't start something that we both know won't end good. We are not good for each other. Actually, we both are not right for each other", I said looking at him.

He took a step towards me. I raised my hand up to stop him.

"No. Stop. Just.... go. I don't want to talk with you right now. It's been a lot of drama today that I need", I said pleadingly while looking down, not wanting to meet his eyes. He took another step towards me. He raised his hand to put it on my cheek. His thumb caressed my cheek as his fingers went into my hair at the back. I closed my eyes, stopping the tears from falling.

"I am sorry. Good night", he whispered and left the room soon. I didn't open my eyes till he left. I heard the door close with a shut and opened my eyes looking down. A sob escaped my mouth, but soon I put my hand on my mouth stopping any anothers from coming.

I sat ont he bed for a minute and let a few tears fall. I controlled myself and went into the bathroom. I cleaned my face and bathed. I changed into my satin knee length maroon nightie and combed my hair. I climbed on the top of the bed and pulled the blanket to my chest. All the events that happened today spinned in my mind. I soon fell asleep.

I heard a knock on the door and got up from the bed, pushing the blanket from my body. I opened the door and found Annie, smiling at me. I smiled back at her.