Chapter-12

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

"Wow! It's beautiful!", I said excitedly and smiled at the scene in front of me.

"Not as much as you", I heard Heath say. I ignored his comment and stared at the night beauty of Pairs from the top floor of the building that we are in. I can even see the Efil Tower. It's shining bright due to the lights. We are in a highest floor that I feel that the world is under my legs.

I turned around and came inside feeling tired. I am wearing a pink tank top and a black track pant. I put my hair up in a bun. I wore a sweater feeling cold. Heath followed me inside. I went and sat on the dining table and served myself. I didn't wait and see if he sat or not. He came and sat on the chair beside me. I felt his gaze on me while I am eating. I decided to ignore him.

After forgiving him, he gave me a whole tour of Paris and was beside me all the time, asking me if I want anything or if I am tired. Why was he not like this then? We would have been happy couple now. He paid me so much attention. For a minute it made my heart swell and then I remembered all the things that he did to me and how he hurt me and the feeling stopped.

My mind is occupied my Paul soon. What might he be doing now? Did he eat? I should call him. It's been a whole day. I came out of my thoughts as I heard Heath call.

"Baby, can I ask you something?", he asked and I rolled my eyes at him. I told him a lot of times today not to call me that, but he just won't listen to me. I gave up. I waste to try and tell him.

"Yes", I said and continued eating.

"Can we go on a walk after you ate dinner?", he asked and I paused eating. I looked at him and I feel tears almost glisten in my eyes. It made me remember something that happened between us when we were together.

I sat beside him and kept serving him as the food in his plate is over. I like serving him. I can't stop the smile that appeared on my face and the happiness I felt. He is home early today and eating what I made for him. I was about to put more on his plate when he stopped me.

"Celestine, that's enough. I ate more", he said while putting his hand to stop me.

"But Honey, you ate so less. Just this one. You can sleep happily with your stomach full", I said trying to put food on his plate. He pushed my hand away.

"Can't you understand?! I don't want to eat anymore!", he almost shouted angrily. I put my head down and stopped the tears that were about to fall. I know our house maid heard him and felt myself being embarrassed.

"I am sorry", I whispered and expected something from him. To at least hug me. But he got up and went to wash his hands. All the while I put my head down, not wanting him to see the tears in my eyes. He was about to walk away passing by me, but I stopped him and gulped the lump in my throat down and looked at him smiling.

"What now?", he asked like he is annoyed.

"Can we go on a walk after I eat? I swear I will eat fast. It will not even take three minutes. Please", I pleaded. He sighed.

"What do you want woman?! God! I came home soon today, because you have been nagging me about it for a few!", he shouted.

I flinched at his voice. Is wanting to spend time with my husband wrong? Nag? He feels like I am nagging him? May be I am. Otherwise why would he say it?

"I ate a lot and now you want to go on a walk? You ask it every day! Who walks at this time? Just eat and sleep. I am sleeping too", he said harshly and left to upstairs.