Chapter-20

Chapter-20

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

"The chicken tastes really nice", I said while eating another piece of it.

"Thank you. I made it myself", he said. I looked up at him with shock. He is smiling at me.

"Really? You made it? But you don't know ho-", I am cut off by him.

"I learned how to cook it", he said with a slight blush that almost you have gone unnoticed if not seen clearly. I can't stop the smile on my lips.

"Well, it's really tasty", I complimented again with a smile.

"Sorry. I can't tell you my secret recipe about how to make it though", he teased and I grinned at him joke and shook my head.

"You don't have to, cause I am not going to ask".

"You don't need to, cause it's not the best chicken I have tasted. The only best I ever tasted was the chicken made by you".

"Thank you", I said with a geniune smile.

"You are welcome", he said smiling back.

The rest of the dinner went along with small talks. He asked a lot of questions about me. The questions I would rather he asked me then. I would have been on top of the world then. But now, it doesn't feel right, although deep down, it feels like I am sharing them with the right person. But Paul is way better than him. Then why do I have more feelings for Heath than him?

I shook my thoughts away and prayed that this dinner will end soon, so I can go up and just sit alone.

I looked back at Heath. He is talking with a small smile on his lips. I kept nodding my head with a smile on my face, as if I am listening. But there are a lot of thoughts running through my head right now. By tomorrow, this thing.... The whole week will be over. I will go home happily. There will be my lovely fiancé who loves me truly, Paul. My life will be back to normal routine.

"....I wish I had realized it soon. But now it's too late", he said taking my hand and clasping my fingers in his hand. I came out if my thoughts and looked at him a little confused. "But is it really too late?", he asked and I instantly knew what he was talking about. How could he ask things like that?

"Heath-", I started to talk, but he cut me off again.

"It's okay. Don't answer that. I know the answer and I don't want to hear it", he said and I saw him take a gulp as he looked away with pain in his eyes. I looked down at my fingers.

God, why did it have to be like this? After a minute if silence, I heard him say.

"How about we go outside? Come on", he said standing up and held out his hand for me to take it. I gave him a tight lipped smile to avoid the awkward moment that just happened and took his hand while standing up. I was about to pull my hand away, but he held on to it. "One final time. Please", he said looking into my eyes with a pleading look. I just nodded my head looking away.

Once we walked outside. I stood at the patio of the back and my mouth dropped in shock at the scene in front of me. There are small lights everywhere. There are many flower plants around the huge garden. It looks so beautiful.

 It looks so beautiful