Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

I woke up lately and came down to the dining room.

"Good morning!", I heard dad's happy voice and look up at him. As much as I want to say it back happily, I can't.

"Good morning dad. You still didn't go to the office?". I asked in a very low tone. My mood is all clumsy and dull since the past week.

He called me many times in the past week. All I can think is about that day. Him proposing and me rejecting. He must have been so embarrassed because of me in front of the whole family.

Since that day, I can't concentrate on anything. Heath wanted to marry me, that felt like a new thing. Of course, I have been in relation with him and it's a serious relation, but just thinking about marrying him, brought back some insecurities and doubts. One side there were all insecurities and on the other side, I like him. Yes, my heart still wants him so much.

"I was waiting for you. Come on eat fast and get ready to come to office with me. Come on fast, chop, chop!", dad said while giving me a huge smile. I knwo why he is doing all this. Since the past week, when Heath proposed to me, I am staying at house as I was not able to concentrate on work. Just staying in my room.

"Dad, no. I don't have the mood to come to office with you", I said leaning back on the chair. "I.... I just don't want to". My eyes casted down as I don't want him to see the pain in my eyes. I heard him sigh and put his spoon down.

"Princess, this is not the way you should do. Talk to me. Are you still moping- No wait, it's not the right question to ask. Why are you still moping about what happened past week?", he asked as he came and sat beside me. The image od him proposing and me rejecting came into my mind immediately. My eyes shed with tears.

"Dad, please. I don't want to talk about it".

"I know that you need to talk to someone at a time like this. Especially you need your mom", he said and paused. "But you can talk to me. I will listen to anything it is. I promise you I won't get angry. We are friends, right? Just like we are when you were a kid. You can tell your friend anything". I gulped down the pain in my throat and blinked twice.

"Dad", my voice came out as a whisper. "Dad, I am so confused", I finally said it out, what I ma feeling inside all the while. "I like him. I really do. I just.... I am scared", I said looking up at him.

Dad just sat there silently, looking at me, listening to me.

"What is I don't ever want to marry him? Then why did I date him all the while when I have no intention of marrying him. What was I doing? What was I thinking?". My thoughts started coming out slowly. "Again, what if I say yes? What if we both got married? Will be both do okay? Or is it all going to repeat again? I don't want to get my heart broken again dad".

Tears gathered in my eyes again, ready to fall. He is looking at me intently.

"I.... I am scared that he might get bored of me and cheat on me again. I am scared to give myself to him completely dad. Will he be still the same once we got married? He supported me through so much this past year. He did prove to me that he changed and I believe him, but-", all thoughts finally kept coming out, when he cut me off.

"But you are scared he might do what he did in the past?", dad asked.

I nodded my head slowly looking down.

"Celestine, dear, answer me one question correctly", he said and I looked up at him again, curious about what he was going to ask. "Do you love him?". My brain got stuck at there. All the others thoughts are clogged.