Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Heath King's POV

"Baby, wake up. You need to eat something and take tablets", I said as I tried to wake her up.

"No. I don't want to". Her voice was barely above a whisper. She looks so cute right now. My smile didn't fade. She always used to listen to me. Never defied me anytime, but always hung to word. Now here she is, saying no for the first time and that too in the most cutest way possible. Her lips are puckered out.

"Mr. King, let me help", Maria said coming to us, but I stopped her.

"No. I will feed her. You can go", I snapped at her. I don't need anyone's help.

"But-". I cut her off.

"Maria, go". My tone came out strictly and she nodded before leaving us both alone again. Once she closed the door, I let out my breath and look back at Celestine. She is sleeping so happily. I didn't have the heart to wake her up. But I have to. Damn it! It's so confusing.

"Celestine", I whispered to her as my hand ran up and down, from the crown of her head to her back. "Baby, you need to take the tablets. Otherwise how will you recover, huh?". My voice came out like I am talking to a baby. My hand cupped one of her cheeks. "Wake up Angel", I said and she slowly opened her eyes while taking a deep breath and sat up leaving me sit there cold.

For a second, she made me regret waking her up. She sat up, but was about to faint when I let her head fall on my shoulder. I shook my head and almost laugh at her. Making her sit, I made her lean her back on the head board. There was an eating on the trolley along with the food. I took it out and put it in front of her and pour some soup in the bowl to make her sip.

"Celestine", I shook her gently and she opened her eyes and looked at me, then at the small table in front of her and then back at me. Her face showed confusion. "Have some soup, Baby". I took the bowl in my hands and see that the soup is very hot. God, Maria! How is she to drink this! It will burn her mouth! I took the spoon and dipped it in the soup and blew air with my mouth to cool it and warm it.

"Heath?". Her faint voice made me look at her with a smile on my face.

"Yes?", I asked bringing the spoon carefully to her mouth.

"What am still I doing here? Why are you feeding me?", she asked getting confused and tried to move away.

"Celestine wait! You have high fever. You fainted like three times now, you know that?", I said almost in a scolding tone. She put her left hand on her head, like she is having a head ache.

"Then you should have dropped me home. I.... I want to go home", she said starting to get out of the bed. My fingers instantly found her wrist and stopped her. She is not even able to open her eyes and sit for a minute and she wants to go home. She thinks I will just send her home, knowing that she is so ill. No way!

"No. I am not sending you home. Your father is not home, I know. Who will take good care of you there? Now don't say that there are maids and stuff like that. I am not leaving you in assistance of your maids. I am taking care of your personally, even if you don't like it", she opened her mouth to say something, but I cut her off. "You have no choice". Finality clear in my voice.

"But Heath-".

"I am hearing anything. You can't set a foot out of the bed without my permission. Sit here, eat food, take medicines and get better. I know I am being strict, but please, I can't bear seeing you ill", I said and she looked at me for one long minute before leaning back on the head board.