Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

I feel so exhausted today. I came home and went to my room to take a bath. There has been so much work today. Many meetings, many files to complete. My head almost started to ache from all the work and pressure. I took a long bath with warm water and let myself relax. Once done, I came out with a towel around me and went into the closet before changing into my night wear.

I came out and fell on the bed. Sleep engulfed me soon and I am asleep. I woke to my phone ringing on the night stand beside me and sat up to see who it is.

I pick it up and saw the ID. It's Heath. How many times is he going to keep calling? It's been almost two months since I told him that we can't be together. Not anymore. I sighed and cut the call before placing the phone where it was before. I decided to go back to sleep, but it rang again. I pick up the phone to cut the call, but again decided against it. May be he will not call once I answer.

"Hello", I said sighing.

"Ce-Celest-tinee! Baby!", I heard Heath's drunken voice and got confused. My sleepy mind sat awake at his voice. I look at the clock and it's one thirty in the morning.

"Heath! Are you drunk?". He chuckled before answering.

"Yes!". I heard honking sound behind and got more confused. Why is there honking behind? Shouldn't he be at a club or pub if he is drinking? How is he going to drive back home if he is this drunk? Oh God!

This makes me remember what he did two weeks back.

"Heath! Stop calling me! Did you know what time i-", I was cut off by him.

"Babe! You know where I am? Come out of your room and see once", he said in a very drunken tone. What is he talking? Is he here? God, I hope he doesn't make any nuisance now. Dad is home and it wouldn't end good, if he knows that Heath is here. I came out of my room and entered the balcony. I look at the gate and found him standing there with him phone pressed against his ear with a grin on his face.

"What are you doing here?!". Instead of answering my question he cut the call and put his phone in his pocket. I truly don't understand some things he does.

"Surprise! Just wanted to see you before I go home!", he shouted loudly while smiling from where he is standing. Our watchmen came out, but didn't do anything. He obviously knows who Heath is.

"Heath. Stop it! Go home".

"I miss you Baby. Love you so much! Good night!", he said loudly again. "Bye!", he said and turned around, but almost fell down before his driver, George, caught him. For a moment, I felt relieved that he is not driving alone this drunk in the midnight. George took him to the car and laid him down in the back seat before sitting in the driving seat.

He waved at me from the back seat with a smile on his face. The car soon passed by and I let out a puff of air, thanking God that dad didn't wake up. I shook my head at his behavior. I went back inside to try and sleep.

Of course the next day, I got an apologizing letter with an extra amount of roses than the regular dose he sends every day. But like every day, they went into trash. But that with a heavy heart, I threw in trash.

I came out of my thoughts when I heard him talking.

"Heath, where are you?", I asked as concern bubbled inside me. I keep hearing honking sounds from the other side of the phone. I stood up and went into my closet to wear pant.

"On the road Baby", he answered. Road? What road? Oh my God! Is he standing in the middle of a road? I hope not!

"Heath! Where are you exactly?!". I can hear panic in my own voice.