Chapter-24

Chapter-24

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

It's been three weeks since I broke up with Paul. After telling him that I want to break up, I didn't wait for his answer. I just couldn't look him in the eye. I feel so ashamed about it. I fell down on my bed once I am in my room and cried my eyes out the whole night. I lost an amazing friend and person that day. I still miss him, but there is no reason to be with him if I don't love him.

I am too foolish to see that. I don't love him and still decided to marry him thinking that I will fall in love with him. I thanked dad afterwards. He is there with me the next morning when I told him that I called off the marriage. He supported my decision. He stood as my back bone this whole week and helped me get through things.

Paul kept calling me the first whole week. I didn't go to the office that week, instead my dad went. He said that Paul wants to talk to me about it. After the week I decided to meet him in a restaurant. I can't keep avoiding him my whole life. At one point I have to meet him and clear things off. It's better this way.

"We can work this out Baby", Paul said desperately. Tears kept rolling down our cheeks.

"We can't Paul". My voice came out as a mere whisper. "I can't keep living with you, thinking that I am someday fall in love with you. I can't do that to you. What is the use of being in a loveless relationship?".

"Things will work out. I love you", he said with so much emotion. I just wanted to bang myself right then and there for putting him in such a situation.

"Work out? How Paul? You tell me. What if I may never love you? You want us to end in a divorce?".

"Baby, I-".

"No Paul. I want you to be happy. It's not that you are not the right person for me. The thing is I am not the right person for you. Your love is so pure, so selfless, something that a person like me don't deserve. You should give your heart to a person you will take care of it. I am not that person. I am scared that, one day I may break it". He stared at me silently for a minute with so much sorrow in his eyes.

"So, you really want to call it off?", he asked. I can hear the pain in his voice. My chin wobbled as my answer came out in a whimper. God! This is so painful! Why did it have to be like this? Why should he get hurt? He is a nice person. I hope that I will be forgiven for this one day.

"Yes". A sob escaped my mouth and I tried to stop the other sobs. My throat is hurting as I clogged the sobs from coming out. I can't look up into his eyes. I don't have such courage. My vision is blurry as I kept looking down at my fingers. Tears kept falling down from my cheek to my fingers. I wiped them away and took a deep breath while swallowing away my sobs.

"Is it because of Heath?", his question made me look at him in shock.

"No! No, it's not because of him", I said honestly. "Yes, I may not love you. But the calling off the marriage has nothing to do with him. I am not going to go back to him, if that what you are asking". He nodded at my explanation.

"I will miss you Celestine".

"I will miss you too".

After that Paul resigned and stopped working in our company. I gave him the ring back in the restaurant when we met. But dad assured that it was the right thing to do. If I blindly married him, I would ruined our both lives.

Heath still sends me boquet with a letter in it everyday. Dad came to know about it when he went to office. He asked me about it, but I didn't give it much thought, since I was busy weeping about breaking up with Paul. The news of us breaking up was all over the news, just like when we both got engaged. I didn't answer any of the questions that were asked by the media.

The ring of the house bell brought me out of my thoughts.

"Who is it?", dad asked our maid.

"It's me", I hear a very familiar voice say and froze. Raising my head up from the news paper, I put the coffee mug down to look up.

"What are you doing here?", I hear dad ask in anger, but I just sat there in shock as I look at Heath. His gaze never left mine. I slowly stand up.

"I heard about what happened and-".

"Come to the point", dad said in a stern voice. He turn his head to look at dad and then at me before taking a deep breath.

"Since you left me my mind id going crazy Celestine. I just can't stop thinking about you. I know I should not ask this at this time, but.... Please give me a second chance", he said in almost in a begging tone.

"You better get out of my house right now!", I hear dad shout and look at him. He came to Heath angrily, but I put my hand on his arm to stop him.

"Dad, I will talk to him", I said, but he has a pretty mad look on his face. "Please", I add. He gave in and nod in head. I look back at Heath. "Why should I give you second chance?", I ask him while folding my arms near my chest.

"I....", he trailed off and looked away.

"You want to know why I can't give you second chance?". He looked back at me once he heard this. "It's not because I can't forget what you did in the past or because I am still angry at you. It's because I don't trust you".

"How can we start a relationship when there is not trust? Tell me how? Because trust is the base of every relationship, whatever relation it is. Even though, if I gave you a second chance, somewhere in my mind I will always be insecure. That insecurity will always keep nagging me. I don't want to be in such kind of relationship. I don't want to be in such kind of relation.

"I want my partner to trust like I trust him back. I want to love my partner as he loves me back. I want my partner to support in my every step and in my every decision. I don't think that we will be in that place. I can't imagine you being that partner".

"I will do all that for you. I will be that partner", Heath said desperately.

"Then what about trust? Don't you want me to trust you?".

He didn't say anything, but just looked down.

"See Heath, I forgive you for what happened. I don't have anything against for you in my heart. But giving you a second chance? I can't do that. I hope now you clearly got what I said". I said and turn back to go upstairs, but stopped when I heard his voice.

"Is there never going to be an us? Even if we try", he asked looking down. I turn back to look at him.

"Our chapter has ended Heath". I said and turned back to go to my room upstairs.

I shut the door once I am in my room and slid against the door before sitting on the ground. Tears welled up in my eyes and rolled down.

Our chapter has ended.

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Do you think the chapter has really ended? Of course not. NO! Their chapter has just began! Tell me what you think. Your comments really help. Ask me if you have any doubts about them in comments. I will try to clarify. Don't miss the next chapter.

Pease VOTE and COMMENT.