Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Celestine Allen Michelson's POV

Two Months After Their Date

"No, Heath you don't understand. I have to come with dad there. I can't attend the gala with you tonight", I said calmly.

"But Baby, I want to take you with me", he paused before saying, "as my date".

"I would love to too. But please", I pleaded. I heard him sigh and bit my lip. "Sorry", I whispered.

"No, it's okay. I totally understand", he said and I smiled. "What are you doing right now?", he asked casually.

"I just came out with Kate to help her pick a dress for the gala and to buy one for myself too".

I and Kate are shopping right now. She is in the trail room, trying her dresses. I stood outside talking to Heath. He has called for at least ten times, but I kept disconnecting his call, as I don't want her to know. Heath and I started dating a month ago and I should say, I am really happy for now. Although, no one knows about it. We didn't want anyone to know.

We are still trying to see if this will work. Actually, it was me. I was the one who was trying to see if this works. Whenever I have to meet him, I have to sneak out. Kate usually covers for me, although I never tell her where I ma actually going. But I know she is doubting me. She can easily tell when I am lying.

I have been managing all this while, but I will have to tell her one day when she will finally question me. The reason we are keeping this a secret is, we don't want my father to know. He would never agree to let me be with him again. I can try and convince my father, but I want to make sure about it myself.

"Oh. Okay. Would you at least visit me now. There are still six hours to attend the gala. I promise to drop you home before two hours. I know your dad is not home. So, there won't be any issue". Before I can say anything, he spoke again. "If you want, I will come and pick you up. Tell me near which shop you are".

"Actually we are at the mall that's near to my house. But it's okay. I will come by myself. Kate is also here, so it would be a problem if she sees us together", I explained.

"Okay. How much time will it take for you to shop?".

"Um.... Maybe one more hour".

"Okay. Bye Baby".

"Bye", I said and cut the call blushing.

"Who is it?", I heard a voice and turned around to find Kate, standing in front of the long mirror and checking herself. She looks stunning as usual in whatever she wear. No wonder she is a model.

"You look beautiful in that dress", I said trying to change the topic.

"Really?! I like it too. It's sexy, right?", she asked posing in front of me with a huge smile. Her smile is so contagious. I smiled back at her.

"Girlfriend, whatever you wear, it's all sexy". She winked and I laughed.

After a while we were still shopping trying to find a dress for me and we didn't get any. I should say, it's really fun spending time with Kate. It's been almost an hour. Kate's phone rang and she excused herself, after a minute, she got back angrily.

"What happened?".

"I forgot that I have a shoot today. Shit! How can I be so irresponsible?", she scolded herself and seemed so mad at herself.

"Oh no. It's okay. You go. I am sure, I can shop myself".

"You sure?", she asked with concern. I rolled my eyes at her.