Chapter 5: Adrienne finds out and no more Daddy cuddles

Dad and I reach Five Guys after driving around for awhile and entered the restaurant. We sat down as a guy wearing a half-apron, a white shirt with red slacks and white converse came over and pulled a pencil out of his ear and reached in his Apron pocket for a pad.

"Heya, guys. What can I get you today?"

"Hey, Rex. The usual." Dad stated proudly. The guy who I assumed was 'Rex' nodded and smiled as he jotted down Dad's order.

"And for you, pretty lady?" He smirked. I blushed and looked over to an unimpressed Billie. I can tell he liked this guy but obviously not when he was hitting on his daughter. His eyes were furrowed to the middle and the corner of his lip tilted up in disapproval. I looked back to the waiter and smiled.

"Can I just get a double cheeseburger with onion rings and a root beer?"

"Sure, love. Anything for the beauty." He said as he scribbled down my order. I blushed more and looked back to Dad to see his reaction to that. His arms were propped up onto the table with his fist balled up and his knuckles going white. The emerald green I was used to turned into a forest green, giving me shivers of fear. I silently wished that Rex walked away before Billie did something that he'd regret.
Finally, my wish came true and he sauntered off, not before giving me a smirk and wink.

I looked down and then back up to Billie. He kept staring intently after Rex.

"Dad?" No answer.

"Daaaddy." I said waving my hand in front of my face. Still no answer. He kept his eyes glued to Rex. I laughed and took a different route.
I picked up a handful of packeted salts and threw it at him. He snapped his neck towards me and then immediately calmed down slightly.

"Oh, s-sorry."

"Jesus, Dad he was only flirting."

"I didn't like it."

"But, you obviously like him so don't get angry and do something drastic. Besides, I have Jimmy. I have no feelings for that douche." He seemed to calm down more after that because his darkened irises transitioned back to those lively emeralds that I always loved and his fists opened up, leaving his tensed up tattooed biceps and triceps to drop down to normal.
He was still quite on edge so I decided to try and calm him more.

"And besides. I'm an Armstrong. I could kick his ass if he tried anything." He looked at me intently and smiled warmly.

"And once an armstrong always an Armstrong." His face lit up and I smiled. He was just like a little boy at Christmas.

"Feel better?" He nodded quickly as Rex came back with our drinks.

"Two root beers?"

"Oh so that's your usual drink?" I asked Billie. He nodded and smirked.

"Like father like daughter." Rex and I chorused. I looked at him and rolled my eyes, knowing full well he stirred up something that I had just taken off the heat. He smiled down at me and left. I looked over at Billie and sighed, resting my hand on his arm.

"Please calm down, Beej. I told you I wasn't interested and we won't be here for long. Just try and act civil...for me?" I pleaded. He sighed and nodded.

"Only for you." He repeated. I smiled and nodded as Rex came back with our food.

"One double cheeseburger with onion rings and one Veggie burger with onion rings. Like father like dau-" I put my hand up to shush him and shooed him way before he finished that sentence. He drowned and turned on his heel before he stalked away pissed off.