Chapter 27: We're comin' home again...

[A/N: Unfortunatley, I have completely forgotten Neo's middle name. If anyone would like to tell me, that would be great, but until then. I'm changing it]
a
I've spent about three days in the hospital. It's a miracle, actually. Dad was in this situation longer than I was and he got out clean. Just a few cuts and bruises.
I, however, came out with a shame I couldn't erase. A permanent tattoo of embarrassment and vulnerability. My dignity was completely gone. As well as my sanity.
I wasn't myself anymore. I didn't know who I was anymore. Daddy knew I was gonna be like this. He made sure of my well-being. He never left my side. He was afraid.

Afraid of it might happening again, afraid he'll turn around and I'm gone. But, I think there's one thing he's truly afraid of. He's afraid of me.
You heard me correctly.

Quite right, too. I don't really trust myself anymore. I was royally fucked up, but after all that. It hit a boundary. A sacred line I hoped to Christ himself that would never be crossed, and alas, it has.
I wasn't me anymore. I wasn't badass Neomi Renée Armstrong anymore. I was small, pitiful, helpless Neo. Just a shell of problems and issues.

'Someone's got Daddy issues!' Twitch cackled. That's another thing. I've made a new friend. He's in my head and we talk to each other. Daddy doesn't know about him...yet.

'Shut up, Twitch. I do not!' I spoke to myself quietly. I was slunked into my bed with my knees curled up against my chin, rocking back and forth.

'Daddy issues! Daddy issues! Daddy issues!' Twitch taunted.

'Shut up, Shut up, Shut up!' I yelled, pounding in my head to make the voices stop.

"Uh, honey?" I opened my eyes and looked to my left to notice Daddy was standing in the doorway. "Is everything okay?"

I painted on the best fake smile I could muster and only said a white lie. No big deal.

"Yeah, Daddy. There was a mosquito and it was really annoying!"

"Um. Alright? Well, when you're done, Food's on the table." He said before turning out the door. I let out a sigh of relief as he bought my facade.

'Faker!'

'What of it?'

'He's gonna find out sooner or later. Then he'll hate you! He'll send you to the loony bin or put you on the streets!'

'Shut up! Daddy would never do that! He loves me and I love him!'

'Sure. Tell yourself that, you naïve twat!'

'Get out of my head!'

There was a faint cackling before the voices gradually stopped. I huffed once more before setting course for dinner.

••••••••••••

I was silent throughout the table of friendly chatter at the dinner table as I shovelled mashed potato in my mouth. Jimmy's hand was intertwined with mine as we both ate, sending chills down my spin as he rubbed his thumb over my knuckles.

'He's faking it...'

I huffed out of aggravation and infuriating but tried not to give Twitch the satisfaction of my reaction.

"Hey, you okay?" Jimmy nudged me silently throughout the river flow of words escaping from people's mouths.
I nodded discreetly and he nodded back, turning back to his food. I shovelled more potato into my mouth and chewed as I tried to listen to the conversation between Mom, Dad and the three boys. Something about their past experiences with meeting famous people.

'You're not like them. Stop trying to fit in where you obviously stand out. Like a sore thumb'

I rolled my eyes, but refused to answer.

"What about you, Neo? Any celebrities run into you?" Joey asked me politely.

"Yes. Actually. You guys!" I laughed. They laughed along with us before Joey settled us down.

"I mean. Apart from us or Green Day."

There was two people who I had met in the past. Two of the most amazing people ever. They had English accents and lived in the UK (As you do). The vlogged and made my laugh on my worst days.

"Dan and Phil?"

The table when silent.

"Who?" Adrienne cut in.

"Danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil?"

"I heard of them." Jakob pipes up.

The rest of the table resides wordless. Great.

'They think you're crazy, y'know?'

'They hate you. Run away!'

'You'll never be relevant.'

'Billie wishes he left you on the curb'

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" I screamed at the top of my lungs before immediately regretting it.

"Honey, noones talking." Dad exclaimed. I looked down at my half eaten food and got up.

"Im finished." Was the last thing said before walking away and upstairs.

'Smooth move, Sherlock' Twitch cackled.

Leave me alone...

[A/N: Hey! Sorry for the late and short update! I've been ridiculously busy. And I apologise for that. Please leave a like and a comment if you enjoyed :). Cheers! ]