Chapter 14: Bail?

~Billie Joe's P.O.V~
"Now, Mr. Armstrong, I'm not gonna ask again. Were you, or were you not driving while intoxicated in the suburban streets of Berkeley, California?" That same damn 'Chief of police' uttered out.

I was stuck, sitting here in the isolation room, in the same uncomfortable, metal chair, at the same excruciatingly boring, grey table contained in the same goddamn boring grey room.

He had asked me the same goddamn question for about ten minutes now. I hadn't confessed what I had done.
How could I? I had one thing on my mind, and one thing only...

Neo's face.

Her facial expression to me getting caught out by the authorities was one I couldn't go back to. The confusion, the fear, the disappointment, the loss. And it was all because of me.

"Mr. Armstrong!" That same god forsaken cop called out.

"Yes! Yes, I was there! I drove while distilled! For fucks sake, what do you want from me?!"

"The truth. And now that we have that we may run it through. Please stay put, Mr. Armstrong."

I scoffed. Like I have any place to go to anyway. There were two big, burly cops in the back corners looking all smug and top shit. Another day, sweet cheeks. I laughed to myself at my own little joke.

I smirked and tapped my fingers on the desk, my wrists still contained in hand cuffs, waiting for that son of a bitch to waltz back in here with the information.
The two robots in the corners continued to eye me up as though I was gonna bust outta here like a fucking madman on crack.

I maybe a fucking idiot, but I'm not that kind of idiot.

I smirked and raised my eyebrows at the fuck wads in the corner and turned my gaze to the two-way mirror to my left. I laughed at myself and slowly rose the finger to the cops on the other side.

Technically, they can't do anything about it so I just continued to do it before slowly lowering it.

As I did so, the chief bust back into the room holding a beige file.
He sat back down across from me and set the file down on the table, opening it and flipping through the pages.

"O-kayy, Mr. Armstrong. It says here this isn't the first time you were arrested for DUI. Is this true?"

I hated the way he said 'Mr. Armstrong'. I'm not in the fucking matrix, asshole.

"Yeah?" I said in a 'Duh' voice.

"Could you tell us why you had done it again?"

"I wasn't in the right emotional mind-set at the time." I decided to give this guy a break. He was only doing his job. You know what they say? Bastards gotta eat.

"Would you mind explaining what happened?"

"My daughter and I had a falling out. She had walked out and ran away. I called her...no answer. I tried to look for her, no use. I went to a local pub in Berkeley and decided to have a couple beers. One turned to two. Four turned to six. One thing led to another and I was in my bushes, puking. I don't remember what happened in between."

"Well, Mr. Armstrong, I'm sure you know that DUI is very much illegal and bail can be up to a 2,600 dollar fine and up to six months slammer..."

Please, no.

"...However..."

However?

"...It seems as though you have been placed under bail."

"B-bail?"

"Yes. Bail."

"By who?"

"By a Mrs. Adrienne Nesser or Armstrong." I smiled with delight.

________________

~Adrienne's P.O.V~ (And cue the applause)

That son of a bitch is gonna hear an earful from me. I warned him. I warned him to take a cab otherwise he would get caught for this. And for this very reason. He doesn't listen to me. No one ever fucking listens to me! Now I've gotta bail that little asshole out!
He's lucky I'm his wife, otherwise he'd get worse. My god, especially from Neo.
That sweet girl. Shes a biter.

I walk into the station.

"I'm here to pick up a Billie Joe Armstrong?"

Yeah, Billie Joe Arm'weak' when I'm done with him.

________________

~Neo's P.O.V~

"Basically."

"Well, whose gonna bail his ass out?"

"Adrienne. I can't believe how lucky he is to have a wife like her. She was actually thinking about leaving his ass in the slammer after this."

"You weren't in the car, right?"

"Jesus, Jim. No I was not in that damn car!"

"Alright, Chill."

"Well, it's just the coppers already asked me that. Both of them..."

"Sorry, love."

"Don't be."

"Well, I love you heaps, but, Mom is pissed for bumping the bill."

"That's alright, just thought I'd let you know what was happening."

"That's cool, thanks for the update and I'll talk to you later, love."

"Mmkay. Love you, JimBean."

"Love you too, Neo."

I hung up the phone and stared straight ahead at the ticking clock.

6:32

[A/N: Short chapter I know. But, I needed a bit of a filler here. This is just what came to mind at the time. Anyway! Enjoy! Please comment on how it was!]