Chapter 21: 7 Days left...

[A/N: This is superstar by sonic youth. You'll understand why I put it in here when you get to the part. Just listen to it.]

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't even think straight. How could've this happen? I need to find him. I need to find him.

I sat in the boring police station, my head in my hands as Adrienne yelled hastily at the serviceman at the counter.

"NO! I WILL NOT BE PATIENT! MY HUSBAND AND MY CHILDREN'S FATHER HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND I NEED A SEARCH PARTY, NOW!" She screamed through the walls.
I had called up Jimmy after I broke it off to the family. No one took it lightly. Not a one.

He drove the full six hours as soon as he found out, meeting us at the police station with a worried expression. We crashed into each other, hugging and me having a mental breakdown.

'Sh.' He had said. 'We'll find him. We'll find him.' He assured. I wasn't so sure.

He was now sitting next to me with an arm around my back, supporting my fragile, shooken body. Telling me to hush every now and again.

Adrienne casually walked up to us, her face reeked of exhaustion as we had all been up for five hours.

I whipped my head up in hope of answers.

"Any luck?"

"They said they would help us look for him. But, they can't guarantee anything." She said, wearily. I nodded and rested my head on Jimmy's shoulder.
"C'mon, you two. Let's go home and get some sleep." She stated as she gestured for us to follow. I sighed and looked up at Jimmy, he looked down at me, his features showing concern and worry.

"Don't worry, Neo. We'll find him." I nodded and looked ahead before we started following Adie to the car.
Jimmy and I walked across the police station parking lot, his arm tightly bound around my waist and my arms tightly bound around myself. My makeup was smudged and runny from my previous tears, leaving my face cold and messy.

"I can take her home, Adrienne." He said as we reached her car. She turned around, her bloodshot eyes showing depression and worry.

"Are you sure, honey?" She replied as her voice shook.
He nodded and pulled me closer to him.

"I'll keep her safe, I promise." He stated protectively. Honestly, if it weren't for the situation we were in, I would've gladly jumped him right now in the asphalt.

"That's fine with me." She smiled weakly. I nodded and followed Jimmy to his car. His old, beat up ford came into view as we swaggered off to the heavy machinery.
He walked over to the passenger's side and opened the door for me like a gentlemen. I had no words at this point so I just smiled at him and slid in.
He sighed and closed the door behind me.
I strapped myself in as I glared at Jimmy who was walking around the hood of the car, his hand racking through his hair shakily.

He came around and opened the driver's side before hopping in and shutting the door behind him. He strapped himself in as well and turned the ignition.
He weighed his hand down into the steering wheel and leaned back into the seat.
The car was silent apart from the rusty purr of the engine and the music on very low, almost Inaudible volume.
I could faintly hear 'Superstar' by Sonic Youth. The low volume making it sound intricate.

Your guitar,

It sounds so sweet and clear.

But, you're not really there.

It's just the radio.

Don't you remember you told me you love me, baby?

You said you would be coming back this way again, baby.