Chapter 13: Dad gets...arrested?!

~Billie Joe's P.O.V~
Neo and I just chilled for the rest of the day.
I was so happy to have her back and for another fallout to happen just broke my heart. I guess you can try and figure out how devastating it is to have your little girl walk out on you, make up with you, for her to just turn around and have another argument with you.

Yeah. It was nerve wracking.

Neo had her head rested up against my chest and her arms wrapped loosely around my stomach. Her legs were intertwined with mine and her other arm under my back like she was supporting it.
I stroked her white hair that looked like it wasn't brushed in days and with my free hand; fiddled with her bracelets on the arm she had resting on my stomach with.

Yeah. Everything was at peace.

...or so I thought.

Knock, knock, knock!

The familiar tap on the front wooden door startled Neo and I as it sounded. I wish it was a tap, to be honest. It was more of a powerful and determined pound.
I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Neo's bedroom door like the knocking was coming from there. However, I knew good and damn well the knocking source was not at her door.

Neo lifted her head up and turned towards the door, straining her neck.
She looked back at me as much to say, 'Who the hell is that?'
I looked back at her greeny-blue orbs and shrugged, my eyebrows still crossed over.

I stirred to get up, the warm cuddle brace being detached from my body.

This son of a bitch better have a good reason as to why they disturbed some alone time with my daughter and I.
I mentally scolded the person whoever decided to pound away at the door.

"Stay here." I said to Neo who started to follow pursuit. She complied and sat up on the bed, not moving.

I swung open the partly closed door and prodded down the hallway. I reached the stairs but didn't walk down, no. More like trot down like a horse.

Heh. Horse.

Shut up, Billie.

I landed on the tile floor that connected the stairs, kitchen and walkway together. I stared at the single wooden door that stood between myself and whoever was on the other side of that damn boring colored door.

Remember to repaint that. White is such a boring color. I tabbed off in my mind before walking down the walkway and reaching the door.
The knocking didn't cease.

Knock, knock, knock!

"Yeah, yeah! I'm comin'!" I yelled at nothing.
The knocking continued.

Impatient bastard.

I grubbed the brass knob and twisted, revealing two...officers?

"Billie Joe Armstrong. You are under arrest for alleged DUI on the roads of Berkeley, California..."

Son of a bitch...

________________

~Neo's P.O.V~
Everything seemed peaceful. Dad and I cuddled each other for basically the rest of the day. Neither one of us daring to move or speak.

What was there to say?

I smiled as I felt his fingers gently run through my unbrushed hair and his other hand twiddle my bracelets.
I could feel his heart beat - the slow and steady healthy beat. I could make a song out of it.

This is gospel, for the fallen ones. Locked away in permanent slumber...

Neo. Stop.

Hehe...

I could feel the steady breath being pulled In and contract. The rising and falling of his chest soothed me, making my eyes heavy and sleep so close to surrounding me.
As my eyes finally closed, a loud banging noise disturbed me. More of a banging knock. A knock in general to be precise.

Knock, knock, knock!

What the fuck...

I whipped my head around to the source of the loud and desperate knocks. Whoever it was needed whoever lied in this household. But, the only two people that were here were Beej and I.

I looked back at Billie with a 'What the hell?' Look and he merely shrugged at me, looking just as confused as I was.
He slowly but surely slid out of the profuse twine we held, climbing out of the bed and walking towards my door.

I soon followed, picking my body up and getting ready to trail behind.

"Stay here." Billie instructed.

Stay here? Who does he thinks he is?
I lingered through my mind, trying to decide whether I should obey and stay put or do what I do best...revolt against authorities.

I huffed and left myself with option A an stayed where I was told to stay.

Billie slowly crept out the door and down the hall, the stairs soon following as I could hear his shoes tap away on the steps, making them creak.

The knocking continued.

Impatient bastard.

"Yeah, yeah! I'm coming!"
Looks like Billie thought so too.

I could only just hear the sound of the creaky door slowly widen as Billie opened it. I heard muffled voices and only caught certain syllables or were they words?

Something along the lines of:
Billie...Armstrong...under...alleged.....Berkeley...

Berkeley? We didn't even live in Berkeley. We lived in Oakland.

What I heard next made me spring out of bed and bolt down the stairs.

"Please, cooperate with us, Mr. Armstrong. We've had complaints..."

Complaints? Oh, Billie Joe what did you do? I asked myself as I ran towards the door, only to see what I dreaded...the fuzz.

What the fuck, Armstrong...

"Neo, please go upstairs."

"Hell, no! What's going on?"

"Does she know about this or was she with you at the time?" One of the officers asked.

"You leave my daughter out of this! She has nothing to do with it." Billie demanded angrily.

"Dad. What is going on?"

"Neomi Jane Armstrong, do as I say and go back upstairs!"

"Your father here was reported by a Berkeley resident for alleged DUI. Do you happen to know anything about this, Miss Armstrong?"

"W-what? N-no. Dad?" I was just astounded.

"Sir, please turn around and put your hands behind your back."

Billie didn't argue. He complied and turned one hundred and eighty degrees so his back was facing the officer.
The cop retrieved a set of handcuffs from his belt and clasped them around Billie's wrists, each with a distinct click like in the movies.

"D-dad?" I said shocked.

"It's okay, baby. I'll be back soon." He said as the officer dragged him out side. He opened the car and placed a hand on billie's head. Pushing him in the car. Billie resisted.

"Dad!"

"Call Adrienne, Neo!"

"Okay!" Was the last thing either one of us said as the cop finally forced Billie into the car.

"Thank you for your cooperation, madam." The other cop said before he tipped his hat and climbed into the drivers seat of the car, the other officer followed into the passenger side.

The fuzz revved the car up and sped away with Billie in tow.
I managed to catch a glimpse of Billie's terrified and sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry." He seemed to mouth.

I just stood there in complete shock before doing what I was told.
I slammed the door shut, ran to the house phone and dialled Adrienne's number.

It rang...