Chapter 28: Home is where your heart is...

"Bottoms up." Dad says as he hands me my nightly dosage of pills.

I smile sarcastically, cautiously staring at the chemical medication burning in the palm of my hand. I hope this isn't what my life has become; poppin' pills for eternity.

I raise my hand to my mouth and shove the pills onto my tongue before retrieving the glass of water Dad was holding and slamming it down.

"That's my girl. Now, settle down." I nod as I slowly lower my bedridden head onto the pillow as daddy pulls the covers up to my chin.
"Jimmy will be up in a minute, alright sugar bear?"

"Daddy?"

"Yes, baby?"

I try to speak. I try to form words in my mouth, but I can't. My brain won't let me. It feels as though the piece of brain that produces speech is completely inanimate.
I just open and close my mouth like a gaping fish.

"Take it slow." I nod and swallow the lump in my throat. The tears welling in m eyes pool around my waterline as I attempt once more to form proper English.

"I'm s-scared." My voice breaks in the middle of the sentence as the tears break loose and fall down the sides of my face. The dam had broken once more.

"Oh, baby." He pulls back the covers he had so neatly tucked me into a I sat up as he pulled me into his lap on the floor.

"There's nothing to be scared of."

I beg to differ...

The sickening sound of Twitch makes me jolt with fright, unnoticed by Daddy.

"Baby, what's-a-matter?"

"N-nothing. Just got a shiver." I lied.

He nodded slowly as he slowly and gently ran his finger along my forehead, moving strands of hair out of the way of my eyes and leant in to kiss me on the forehead.

"You're a strong girl, you know that? You were just like your mother. She did some awful things, but she had thick skin, I can tell you that."

Thick skin. Like a pig. That's what you are.

I started to sob as his voice rung out through my head. He only brought misery. There was no other escape. I was alone.

"And don't think you're alone on this..."

Too late...

"...You always have people who love you around..."

No you don't.

"...You're always welcome to ask any of us for help..."

Lie.

"...We all love you so much."

If he keeps it up with all these fibs and fairy tales, he's gonna find that your trust will dissipate rapidly. No one loves you. No one gives a fuck about you. They're all gonna leave you for dead. They're gonna throw a fucking party when the send you off to your mother again.
What's her name again...? Vivian...?

"SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, holding fistfuls of hair in my hands and shaking my head violently.

"What? Honey, honey! Hey!" Dad yelled, pulling my hands away from my head and bringing them down to his chest.
"I don't understand..."

I looked down, tears dripping from my eyelashes and silent squeaks coming from my mouth.
"You can never understand." I said lowly. So lowly he could almost not hear it.

"Peach." He whispered. I turned to him slowly and looked into his emerald green eyes. His eyes never faltering to bore into mine. Green met Amber.
"Please. Talk to me. What's going on?"

I never backed my eyes down. I continued to look into his eyes and stare. I shook my head slightly.

"Neomi. Please." I stopped shaking my head to hear what he had to say. "I'm desperate."

"Dad I-" I started. Should I tell him? Could I tell him?

No, it'll only make it worse for yourself.

No. I'm gonna tell him. I knew what I needed. I didn't need to be trapped inside my head, cringing and terrorising myself with the many images Twitch places in my head.
I knew exactly what I needed.

I needed help.

You need to leave. Leave! Pack your shit and keys get the fuck out of here!

No. Fuck off.
There was silence. I had won...for now.

"Peach?"

"Daddy?" He didn't speak as he gave me his undivided attention.

"T-there's a v-voice inside my head. He tells me what to do. What not to do. He tells me things I don't want to hear. He tells me everyone lies when they give me any ounce of affection. He controls my head..."

Dad burned his eyes into mine. Once again, Green met Amber. Like he was trying to read me.

"We'll help you with this. But- and I know you knew this was comin- We need to go back to Doctor Reeves." He bit his lip, waiting for my answer.
I nodded discreetly.

I hope this works...

Have fun, Neomi Terrain.

It's Armstrong, bitch.

[A/N: Okay. I know I'm satan for my updating a whole lot and I'm truly sorry for that. :/ This is a really short update. I'm coming to a writers block, so if you have any suggestions. Please feel free to comment them. I promise I will look through them and dedicate the chapter to the people who's ideas I used. Cheers!]