Chapter 9: And if this goes to plan...

I smiled down at my phone a little while longer before stepping back inside the tin shed.

"Is everything alright between you two?"

"Yeah. Everything is...peachy." God am I glad to say that without being sarcastic this time.

"See? I told you all you had to do is call him."

"Thanks, Christian. For everything."

"Hey, I'm always here for my Whatsername." He said as he pulled me into a tight, warming hug.

"Thanks-" we were interrupted by my phone buzzing, indicating a text from Jimmy.

Jimmy: Neo! Are you okay? Your dad called me and asked if you ran off to palmsdale and if you were staying with me! You ran off?! What the hell is going on, Neomi?!

Oooo. He used my whole name. He never does that unless it's serious.

Me: Babe, I'm fine. I'm staying at a friend's but I'm about to meet Billie up so we can sort this shit out. I'll be back home soon. Stop worrying so much.

Jimmy: Well, it's kinda hard to not worry when my girlfriend has run off away from home! Are you insane?!
And what friend are you talking about?

Me: Jimmy, you know this is going to turn into a goddamn argument so can't we just drop it?

Jimmy: It's a guy, isn't it?

Me: Why does it matter?

Jimmy: Look, I don't care that it's a guy. Just make sure he keeps his hands to himself. Or there will be hell to pay.

Me: Okayy, Hotshot. I'll talk to you later.

Jimmy: Alright, bye, love. I love you so much.

Me: I love you too, JimBean. <3

Well, that was...Interesting.
He's never so protective that he gets jealous that guys hang around me.

Boyfriends with problems.

I sighed and placed my phone back in my pocket.

"Boyfriend?"

"Something like that..."

I got another buzz. Groaning that it maybe Jimmy, I reached in my pocket for my phone.

'Daddy-Boo'. I smiled and read the message.

Dad: Farley's?

Me: Farley's.

I smiled once more and placed my phone back in my pocket.

I looked up to see Christian staring intently back at me.
Sighing deeply, I put my palm out.

"Cancer stick?"

---------------------

I nervously did my face as I traced Christians 'guyliner' over my eyes to fix the black tear streaks from last nights 'Neo Catastrophe'.

"Don't stress so much. It's only been a one-night-conflict."

"No, you don't understand. The length of time doesn't matter. It's what happened in that length of time. What I said to him was something I can never take back. No matter how many sorries I pour on him. I know he will never forget it. And that's what worries me. What if he doesn't love me anymore. And this 'meet up' is just out of pity or something?"

"Neo, stop. I know he loves you. Whatever you said may've hurt but it couldn't have hurt more than being away from him. He cares so much about you and I think he'd rather have you home then have you away. I doubt he cares what you said at this point. He just wants you safe." Christian consoled.
Maybe he was right. I shouldn't stress so much.
I sighed deeply and nodded.