Chapter 15: Talk to me

[A/N: Please listen to the song while you read. It will give a better effect to the conversation. It's blackout by muse.]

"Look, I know that if I do what I usually do which is yell at you and tell you how wrong and stupid you were being, we'll end up fighting which will lead to me walking out and regretting everything. So, just so that doesn't happen, I've brought you into my room to talk, hopefully calmly. Tell me if that doesn't make sense in any way, shape or form."

"No, it makes perfect sense and I thank you for doing this in a better way."

I nod in approval.

"Okay, we will start onto why you did what you did."

He took a big breath in, then out. Loudly. It was a sigh. Maybe. It sounded exasperated. Was he, tired?

"After you walked out, I had called you. When you didn't pick up, I just went to a bar up in Berkeley. It was one I had gone to since I was eighteen years old.
Anyway, I drank about six beers and four shots of jack-"

I closed my eyes and sighed out of frustration.
"Jesus..."

"-I drank til I was close to passing out."

"And you drove yourself home."

He nodded. He's scared.

"Yes. I drove myself home, and next thing I know, I'm puking in the bushes of our house."

"Why? Why did you do it."

"I always do it when I'm upset and confused and scared. I was scared of losing you, love. I was terrified."

He was scared.

"You can't keep doing things like this though. Adrienne was pissed. You may have been upset, but find a better solution. And if you think drinking your problems away helps, then next time. Please! Feel free to get a cab."

"I know, love. I know."

"Promise you'll never do that to me again." God, I feel like a mom.

"I promise."

"Pinky promise?" I said.

He held out his pinky, wrapped it around mine and shook it.

"I pinky promise." He said. He leaned in and slowly placed a thick, loving kiss on my forehead all the while our pinkies still intwined together.

Our pinkies freed each other and we both wrapped our arms around each other; loving each other's presence.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and stroked my hair, kissing it a few times.
I laced my arms around his torso and hugged him tightly.

"I love you so much, peach. Don't very walk out again. Don't leave."

"I'd never dream of it."

He may be a stupid, idiotic, reckless son of a bitch. But, he was my stupid, idiotic, reckless son of a bitch.

I love you, you fucking asshole, prick.

[A/N: Dedicated to Hello_Im_Whatsername ]