Chapter 9: Stirring Jealousy

Vanessa's POV:

I wondered what the hell was taking Cameron so long. Boys usually pee fast.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I turned and saw Cameron approaching my direction with... another girl?

They were talking and laughing as they walked.

I have him a funny look as they came closer. "Hey babe!" He called. "Look at who I just found on the island."

I squinted my eyes at the familiar face. "Ashley Benson?"

She smiled, sweetly. "Hi."

"Oh my gosh, dude I freakin' love you! Do you realize how big of a fan I am of Pretty Little Liars?!"

I was probably the biggest fangirl of PLL in all of California.

"Thanks. And you look a little familiar too." She stared at me for a moment.

"Aren't you Vanessa Diamond?" "Oh my god, you know me??" "Yeah! You're like one of the hottest teen supermodels at the moment."

I blushed. "Wow thank you! So, what are you doing here?!"
"I'm on vacation!" "Well, do you want to come chill with us?"

"Sure. I'll text my mom that I'll be back around lunch time."

After we introduced Ashley to all of our friends, the three of us started hanging out together.

But I wasn't really having that much fun. I was just watching Cameron and Ashley having fun. I felt like a third wheel.

We were in the water with Jack and Jack, Tez, and Hayes, just splashing around and horseplaying.

I tried to splash at Cameron, but he just acted like I wasn't even there, and just continued splashing Ashley.

She playfully jumped on Cam's back and I watched them laugh together. I haven't seen Cameron this happy in a while.

I felt my heart crack a little, so I walked out of the water, and headed to the house.

Suddenly, Hayes called me from behind. "Hey, Nessa!" He followed me. I turned around. "What?" I asked, quietly.

"Where ya going?" "Anywhere but here." He glanced back at Ashley and Cameron. He was now on her back.

Then he stared deeply into my eyes full of sorrow. "I'm sorry, Nessa. He just really likes her."

I nodded rapidly, and tried to hold back my tears. "Yeah. I can see that."

"Don't take it too personal. I mean, just because she's a super famous TV star doesn't mean that Cam likes her anymore than he loves you."

I let his words sink in, then I took another glance back at those two. Cam didn't even notice I had walked away.

"Thanks Poo Bear." That was my nickname for him. I playfully pinched his cheek with a half grin.

He smirked. "No prob."

I turned back around and headed for the house, taking another long glance at Cameron and his new lady friend.