Chapter 18: Canessa Back At It!

Cameron's POV:

I shivered as I sat on the wooden bench inside of my single jail cell.

The stone all around me was so cold, and the lighting was dim. So depressing. Everything was quiet as a mouse. I felt the moon's rays on the back of my head.

As I sat down there, I couldn't stop thinking about Vanessa and how much she must hate me for throwing her in jail with me.

God, I am such an idiot. How could have been so stupid? How could I have done something so reckless and irresponsible?

And all just to woo a girl?

My parents raised me better than this. What am I gonna say to my family once they find out? And what's going to happen once my fans find out?!

Suddenly, my cell door slid open with a loud creaking noise. A police officer stepped one foot in. "Get up. You and your friend have been bailed out."

My heart raced with joy, and my entire mood lit up, but my facial expression was confused.

"Really?! Who?" Oh. Probably my parents. I sighed as I followed him out. I really don't want them to see me like this. I was so ashamed.

When I walked outside, I saw Vanessa in front of another officer. "Vanessa!" She whirled around. "Cameron!" We ran to each other then embraced.

"Ohhh I'm so glad to see you again!" I said, in pure relief. "We've only been apart for like two hours." She giggled.

"Which felt like two years." She laughed. "I am so sorry, Ness. I didn't mean to get you thrown in jail." "It's cool, I guess. I mean, we're out now!"

"So who bailed us out?" I looked all around. Suddenly, Ashley approached us, with a satisfied smile.

I gasped. "Ash! Omigod." Ness exclaimed. We ran to her and hugged her. "I can't believe you bailed us out!" Ness said. "And after the lies we've told you." I added, in shock.

"I couldn't just let you guys rot in jail." Ashley replied, sweetly. "How much did it cost you?" I asked. "Only $5000 for both of you." She shrugged.

"Ashley, I am so sorry. I honestly didn't mean for any of this to happen. This is all my fault. And I just had to drag Vanessa along."

"It's just that..." I took her by the arm and pulled her to the side. "I really like you. So I created this plan where Vanessa and I use fake ID's to get into a bar."

"So, I could chill with you so that I could prove to you that I am grown. That I am good enough for you. But I guess it got a little out of hand..."

Ashley sighed, and put her hand on my shoulder. "Cam... I never said you weren't good enough for me. It's just that I'm twenty five... and you're twenty."

She shrugged. "That's a pretty big gap. But anyways, I think I'm in love with someone else."

"Wait, what?? Who?"

"He's my ex. We broke up a few months ago, and he recently hit me up saying that he missed me and we talked about getting back together."

"Oh o-okay, I understand." I nodded, uneasily. "You okay?" Ash put her hand on my shoulder again.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I forced a grin. "No hard feelings?" "Not at all." She grinned, warmly. "Cool. So, you want me to take you guys home?"

"Oh no, it's fine. We live close by. We can walk from here." I said, quickly. "You sure?" "Positive." But really I just wanted to take a nice long, non-Ashley including walk.

"Okay. I'll see you around, kid." She shot a bright smile, then turned around, and headed for her car.

Ness approached me. "Wait, woah, what did you do that for?? You just passed up our ride back home!" She complained, as Ashley drove off.

I looked down with a depressed expression. "Honestly, I just wanted to spend some time away from her."

"And some time to think things out." I began to walk down the dark street, and she followed behind me.

A few moments of silence passed. "I'm sorry." Ness said, quietly. "I knew how much you liked her. And I really tried to help you."

"Yeah, I know. And I appreciate that. You're such a good friend. I guess we just weren't meant to be."

"It's okay, Cameron. One day you'll meet a girl who's perfect for you. One who's always gonna be there for you. And a girl who likes you for you."

"And gives you more chances even after you hurt or don't listen to her. And a girl who you can cherish every moment that you have with her."

Something in my brain just clicked, and I stopped in my tracks.

"Like... you?" I turned to her.

She turned to me with wide eyes. They were so beautiful and big.

"But... We broke up."

"Wish we hadn't."

"So, what are you gonna do about it?"

I took a few steps closer, then leaned in and pressed my face against her baby soft lips.

She didn't even pull back at all. Instead, she put both of her hands on my face, then slipped tougue in.

I pulled back, then checked the time on my phone. "It's 2:15." "Damn, it's pretty late." "Wanna head back to my place?" I smirked. "That works." She raised her eyebrows.

I playfully lifted her from her feet, and she laughed. Then I planted more kisses, then ran all five miles back home.