Chapter 11

As soon as the two friends parked at the hospital Tobin practically sprints inside with Carli close behind.

"I saw them earlier. Follow me" Carli says as they make their way to the room Alex is occupying.

Tobin walks in seeing a sleeping Alex with an IV and a couple other things hooked up to her.

Carli goes to check on as Tobin quietly takes a seat next to Alex's hospital bed.

The light haired girl takes her friend's, is that even the correct term considering the circumstances, hand in hers lacing there fingers. Tobin can't help the tingly feeling she gets when her skin comes in contact with Alex's.

Alex's eyes flutter open and she smiles softly when she sees Tobin.

"Hey Toby" Alex says her voice raspier than normal.

"Hey Baby Horse" Tobin returns her smile. "How do you feel?"

"Well funny thing actually none of my health problems are actually from the crash. When I came in my breathing was abnormal and they tested me for asthma and yeah....when I came in it looked worse than it really was." Alex says.

"I'm just glad your okay" the hazel eyed girl says. "When are they releasing you?"

"Today after all my blood tests and stuff get back" the darker haired girl answers.

"Hey strangers" Kelley smiles her arm in a sling as she leans against the doorway.

"Oh my gosh Kell" Tobin stands and brings her friend into a hug.

"I'm so glad you two are okay" Tobin smiles.

"Are you kidding we couldn't get rid of them if we tried" Carli jokes causing all the girls to laugh.

•••••

Within a couple weeks both girls are as good as new.

Its a Monday morning, Tobin and Alex walk into school hand in hand still not all the way official.

As they walk into the school they meet up with their friends.

While they are all talking Tobin feels a pair of eyes on her. She turns her head to lock eyes with none other than Lauren Jauregui.

Lauren just flashes her, her signature smirk before drawing her attention back to Camila.

The light haired girl just subtly shakes her head before focusing back on her friends.

••••

While everyone is in the cafeteria Tobin and Alex are out in the hallway talking.

"So what did you want to talk about Toby?" Alex asks as she keeps their fingers laced together while they face each other.

"Well I wanted to ask you if we could make us official."

"I'd love to" the dark haired girl smiles

Tobin doesn't even hear the answer "I mean I know we haven't even ever been on a proper date or anything but we both obviously care about each other and I don't know I'm sorry I-" she rambles but is cut off by Alex pulling her into a kiss.

"I said yes you dork" Alex giggles after they pull back.

"Wait you did?" The light haired girl asks confused.

"Yes I did" the slightly taller of the two smiles.

"Yes!" Tobin does a fist pump in the air.

Alex chuckles watching her best friend and now girlfriend.