Chapter 27

Carli is out for a drive trying to clear her mind when she sees two figures sprinting like they have hellhounds chasing them. She soon realizes her teammates and friends, Kelley and Alex.

She stops and gets out of her black Audi.

"Baby horse! Kells! What the hell are you two doing?" Carli yells to her friends.

The two friends feel a wave of relief wash over them as they see their friend.

As they run towards Carli's car the center midfielder realizes how flushed and panicked they look.

"We need your help. No time to explain just get in and we will tell you where to go" Kelley says as her and Alex scramble into the car.

Carli gets in without a word and begins driving.

"What's going on?" Carli asks.

Alex catches her up on the events that have taken place.

"Oh my god they could be dead" Carli says driving to where Kelley and Alex last saw their girlfriends.

Once they reach the location all three girls basically fall out of the car, scrambling to help their friends who are lying on the cold cement, unconscious.

Carli checks both her friends for a pulse and breathes a sigh of relief as she feels a steady thud against her fingers.

"They are just unconscious. Help me get them in my car and we can take them to the hospital to make sure they don't have anything broken" the soccer captain says.

The three girls get their two friends into Carli's Audi, then get in and head to the hospital.

•••••

Shortly before they arrived at the hospital Hope wakes up slowly, groaning at the aching feeling in her muscles.

"What the hell happened" she asks as she blinks a few times adjusting to her surroundings.

"Oh my god I'm so glad you are awake" Kelley says hugging her girlfriend.

Kelley is in the back seat in between Tobin and Hope.

"Shit never mind I remember" the tall girl says as she hugs her girlfriend back "I'm so glad that you made it" she whispers.

••••••

After they arrived at the hospital and the doctors ran a couple tests on both Hope and Tobin they came to the conclusion that nothing was majorly wrong, they'd just be a little sore for the next couple of days.

"So we should all get home" Carli chuckles noticing its about two in the morning.

"Tobin your mom said it was okay for you to stay the night at my house, that's where I told her you were at" Alex says turning in the passenger seat to face her girlfriend.

The hazel eyed girl smiles "sounds good"

"Same for you Hope, you are staying at my house tonight" Kelley informs her girlfriend.

"Fine by me" the taller girl leans down kissing her girlfriend gently.

•••••••

The next day at school the entire team is matching in Nike tennis shoes, joggers, team shirts and jackets.

Kelley and Alex are standing in the hallway talking.

"I don't know Lex, since the first night Hope and I did the deed she treats me like I am going to break if we go too far and seeing her shirtless almost everyday at practice has been killing me" Kelley complains to her best friend.