Chapter 22

"Oh my god I'm dead" Carli groans as she flops on the grass during lunch break.

Carli,Hope,Tobin,J.J., and Moe are sitting in a circle.

J.J. giggles "you'll get used to it in a couple days"

Carli and Tobin got put in midfielder positions while Hope took over the goalie position.

"Its so hot" Tobin complains as she practically inhales her lunch.

"Like I said, you'll get used to it" J.J. smirks.

About twenty minutes later they hear the whistle blow.

"Alright ladies! Let's get moving!" They hear their fitness coach yell.

The group stands and walks over to the rest of the team.

••••••

"I. Am. So. Done." Tobin groans as her,Carli and Hope all fall onto their beds in perfect unison.

"Not yet you aren't. You still have dinner to go to" J.J. yells into their door as she walks past the room.

All three girls groan but get back up to get ready.

•••••••

"Is there a reason we have to do this every night?" Tobin asks Moe as they walk down the hallway.

The slightly taller girl shrugs "The coaches like getting to know the new kids that come in every summer."

Once all the players and coaches are settled around the long table conversation immediately strikes up between Carli and Coach Ellis, while the teammates talk to each other.

••••(Back in Diamond Bar)••••

"Serv stooooooop" Alex whines as the 5'10" boy throws another piece of popcorn at her.

"Why? Its fun" he chuckles.

They are interrupted by Alex's phone ringing.

"Its Tobin" the ocean eyed girl states as she gets up to go talk to her girlfriend.

Servando just rolls his eyes as he waits for Alex to come back and finish the movie.

••••(In San Francisco)••••

"Heath get off the phone! We have to wake up early and I don't want to be tired because you're talking to your girlfriend" Hope grumbles at her friend.

"You're just mad because Kell couldn't talk tonight" Tobin tells her dark haired friend.

"Hang up the phone. Or I will do it for you." The taller girl states simply.

Meanwhile Carli is passed out in bed, exhausted from the days training.

"Fine." The light haired girl "Babe I gotta go we have to wake up at ungodly hours for practice. I'll talk to you tomorrow, I love you" she tells her girlfriend before snuggling down into the bed and drifting into a deep sleep.

•••••••••

Within a week the three friends are almost looking forward to the early mornings. By the end of the second week they are guaranteed spots on the varsity team for the upcoming season.

It is currently the Monday of the third week and the team is sitting in their group before they begin practice.

"Alright the moment you ladies have waited for all week. The play of the week is, drum roll please" Coach Pia says.

All the girls drum their hands against their legs before stopping.

"Carli" Coach smiles as all the girls clap and congratulate her before making their way out to the field.

•••••••

"And as always, there are no rules" Coach Ellis tells the girls as she blows the whistle and they begin their scrimmage.

Halfway through what is supposed to be a friendly game Kling slide tackles Christen Press, taking the ball in doing so.

The dark haired girl lays on the ground in frustration at not being able to get passes the defender.

"Come on! That was a yellow Coach!" Abby Wambach yells as she jogs over to help Christen up.

"You're just mad because your team hasn't scored a goal, whereas mine is up three" Kling smirks teasing her teammate.

"Shut up Kling before I put you in your place" the tall forward growls obviously agitated.

"Woah, easy there its just a scrimmage" Tobin says as she stands by Kling.

"You should shut up too new kid" Abby growls at Tobin getting in her face.

Kling steps between the two "Abby chill out. I was just playing around and Heath was just trying to neutralize the situation, no reason to get angry" she tries calming the taller girl.

"I said shut up Kling" Abby seethes shoving the shorter girl knocking her back into Tobin.

"Ladies! What is your problem?" Coach Ellis asks pushing through the crowd that formed.

"Abby got frustrated and we tried calming her down then she shoved Kling into me" Tobin explains as she lays on the ground.

"That's it Wambach, I told you to keep your temper under control. You're pulled from being team captain." Their head coach says.

"What?! Coach that's insane! I've been Cap since I was a sophomore!" The tall girl exclaims.

"Yeah and now you aren't. Maybe you should learn to keep your temper under control" Coach tells her before turning to the rest of the team.

"You ladies are free to go and get washed up. I'll see you all later for dinner" and with that the coaching staff walks off the field.

••••••

"Dude who do you think is going to be the next Cap?" Hope asks her two friends as they lay in their room after dinner.

"It'll probably be Mrs.Rampone's daughter or Kling" Carli says as she scrolls through instagram on her phone.

Tobin is ignoring the two while she's trying to call her girlfriend who isn't picking up the phone... In fact she hasn't answered the phone in a couple days which worries her.

••••(In Diamond Bar) ••••

"Serv, wait" Alex says breathing heavily as she hears her phone ring yet again. She knows who's calling.

The tan boy pulls back from kissing the flawless girl's neck.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing. I'm just going to ignore the call, then I'm yours." Alex tells him as she gets up walking over to her phone and swiping the screen to ignore the call....or at least that's what she thought.

A/N:oh shizzz things are about to go down. Anyway, sorry it took so long to update I've been helping with my brother because since he died and was revived there was a minute where his brain was without oxygen so he's a little slow with things. Okay that's enough of my personal life, let me know what you guys think and remember to stay positive and dance for money and updates. (: -Kaycee