Chapter 28

The next day at practice when Hope takes her shirt off Kling whistles "Damn Solo have some fun last night?" She teases referring to some scratch marks that are still visible.

The keeper smirks at her teammate "You know it."

Coach blows the whistle and all the girls huddle around her and listen to the layout for practice before breaking up and beginning drills.

When practice is over Tobin walks out of the locker room.

"Kells have you seen Baby Horse?" The midfielder asks her friend.

"Yeah I saw her walking to the parking lot" the freckled girl answers.

"Thanks man" Tobin flashes her million dollar smile and jogs off toward the parking lot.

"Servando stop. I don't want you. I'm happy with Tobin" Alex says as she puts her stuff in the backseat of her car.

"Come on Lex you didn't want me to stop while Tobin was gone over the summer" he says putting his hands on her hips.

"That was then. This is now and I regret what happened between us it caused me to almost lose the love of my life." The blue eyed beauty says pushing his hands off.

"Hey babe, you still coming over tonight?" Tobin asks walking up to the two wrapping her arms around Alex's waist, completely ignoring the boy standing there.

"Of course baby" the forward smiles and connects their lips in a soft kiss making Servando scoff and walk off shaking his head.

••••••

Friday night the team is gathered in the locker room preparing for the game.

After Carli gives her speech all the girls huddle.

"Call it Baby Horse" Carli tells her friend

"Cougars on three! Ready? 1,2,3." The raspy voice calls out followed by her teammates.

"Cougars!" The all yell in unison then jog out onto the field.

•••••••

After winning the game 3-0 the team is ecstatic as they make their way off the field into the locker room yelling and chanting.

"We will take state this year I feel it" Kelley tells Tobin as the two change into sweats,slides, and their warmups.

The taller girl smiles widely "Yeah I have a really good feeling about it too"

•••••••

Towards the end of the season the team qualifies for the state championship, obviously making them all more nervous than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

The state finals game is aggressive. No, that's an understatement, it is brutal. Yellow cards being handed out like candy on Halloween. Kling and Pinoe have both gotten reds. The other team is basically chewing up the girls and spitting them out, but the referees are calling everything on Diamond Bar High.

With only two minutes left in the game and the girls down by one. Tobin takes the ball almost effortlessly from the other team. She knows exactly where a certain crystal eyed beauty will be and sends in a perfect pass which Alex receives sending into the back of the net, tying up the game.

The talented forward only gives her girlfriend a quick hug and Kelley smacks her but telling her good job.

With barely a minute left Diamond Bar ends up with a corner kick which Pinoe takes.

Carli waits to drop in for the set piece.

The whole crowd tenses up as Pinoe goes for the kick sending it into the midst of the players.

When the blonde's foot connects with the ball Carli drops into the group and jumps up heading the ball into the goal, making Diamond Bar up by one.

Soon after the ref blows the final whistle and Carli runs to her teammates as they all hug celebrating the incredible win.

"We did it guys" Tobin smiles in the locker room as she faces Alex and Kelley waiting for them to get changed.

"State champs baby" Kelley smirks.

"I know this is supposed to be a happy time but what are going to do when we graduate? Like we are all set on different colleges. Kells is going to Stanford on a full ride scholarship. I'm going to UNC. Lex hasn't decided yet...soon the three musketeers are going to be broken up and I don't think I'm ready for it" Tobin says nervously.

"Hey we still have till graduation. And the summer until we move into college and who knows? Maybe we will all make it to the Olympic team" Kelley jokes trying to lighten the mood.

Her two friends chuckle.

"Guys we'll always stay in touch. Hell we are best friends, nothing can change that" Alex smiles.

"Yeah guys, you are my ride or dies...you're my family man" Kelley says.

"Okay now don't go getting all sappy on us little squirrel" Tobin chuckles pulling the two girls together in a big hug.

"I love you guys" Alex's raspy voice mumbles.

••••••

A week until graduation. A week until the team, no correction, the family splits up to go to college. A week until lovers,best friends, and teammates are split apart for who knows how long?

"I'm not ready to let all this go" Tobin mumbles as she cuddles with Alex on her couch watching Mean Girls.

Alex,Kelley,Hope,Ali, Ashlyn, and Carli are all piled in Tobin's living room spending as much time together as they can before they graduate and most likely leave to another state.

"Me either" Alex mumbles back not wanting to disturb the movie for her friends.

"Ash I'm not ready to say goodbye to this. To highschool. I'm just not ready" the brunette says quietly to her girlfriend.

The couple is cuddling on the floor not really paying attention to the movie.

"Alright guys listen up" Ashlyn speaks up as she sits up.

"We all know that in a week not all of us will still be in the same state. Which sucks because we are like a family but family sticks together. If we are all really as close of friends as we claim to be then we have nothing to worry about. I love you guys and quiet honestly I'm excited to see what the future holds for us." The tall blonde concludes her little speech.

The group all breaks into smiles followed by a series of "Yeah's" and "You're right's".

Tobin smiles softly to herself. She's surrounded by her best friends who have stuck by her through everything, who have protected her at her low points and praised her at her highs. She is holding the love of her life in her arms.

" We can make it through this" Tobin whispers to her girlfriend.

Everything is going to work out. She knows it.

A/N: annnndddd there you have it! Your Ex is officially over...I have some ideas for a sequel so let me know if you guys want one. I love you all and thank you so much for reading it means a lot. And as always remember to stay positive and dance for money and updates. (: -Kaycee