Chapter 23

When Tobin hears her girlfriend's low moan she just hangs up the phone dropping it on the bed beside her as she stares at the wall.

Her two friends are too busy in their own conversation to notice her behavior.

The hazel eyed girl stares at the wall for a couple minutes before looking back down at her phone, picking it up. She tenses, clenching her fist around it before she throws it full force against the wall across the room. Miraculously it doesn't break.

Carli and Hope jump at the sudden interruption.

"Tobin what's wrong?" Carli asks moving over onto her friends bed.

"She fucking cheated on me" Tobin mutters lowly with her jaw clenched.

"Tobes what are you talking about?" Hope asks sliding onto the bed next to Carli.

"Alex. She cheated on me" the brunette says standing up.

"What? How do you know?" Carli asks.

"I'm not talking about this right now, I'll be back" the shortest friend says grabbing her room key and walking out the door.

After some searching she finds the gym and soon she's stripped down to her sports bra and spandex doing leg presses with music blasting through her earbuds into her mind.

After more reps than she probably intended she gets on one of the treadmills that lines the wall.

After she's been running on the treadmill for about ten minutes she notices someone come in. When she glances over she sees Carli.

After she turns off the treadmill, Tobin walks over to her bag and takes her earbuds out and gets a drink of water.

"Why are you here?" Tobin asks her friend.

"I was checking on you to make sure you weren't working yourself to death" Carli tells her. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I just, I can't believe she'd do that you know? Like she was there for me when Lauren cheated on me and she promised me she'd never do something like that to me. She told me she loved me and she fucking lied" Tobin says her voice progressively getting louder as warm tears well up in her eyes before rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey, come here" The slightly taller girl says gently as she pulls her friend into a friend'sI know this hurts, but try not focusing on it because we can't do anything until we get home. Tell you what. First thing when we get home we will go straight to Alex's house so you two can talk because there is no way in hell I'm letting my favorite couple break up because one of them decided to be stupid" Carli says as she rubs circles on her friends back.

The shorter girl just nods before the two pull apart.

"We should probably get some sleep so we can perform well at practice tomorrow" Tobin murmurs as she wipes her eyes and sniffs.

••••••

"Dude Tobin is on fire today" Kling says to Carli as they get some with another drill.

Every touch, every pass, everything that Tobin has done on the pitch that day has been borderline perfection.

"Its the first time she's cleared her head since yesterday. Nothing else matters to her right now but that ball" the midfielder tells the defender.

"Whatever the reason, the coaches like it a lot she might even make starting lineup" Kling says as they begin another drill.

••••••

It's the last day of camp and everyone is packing there stuff and getting ready to go.

"Tobes you ready?" Carli asks her friend as she finishes loading everything.

The hazel eyed girl nods as she ignores another call from Alex.

Hope is asleep in the back seat as the two friends climb in front and start on their way back to Diamond Bar.

•••••

The girls are almost home, Tobin is drumming her fingers against the steering wheel while Carli sings along go the radio. Hope is still dead asleep in the backseat.

"Want me to come with you to Alex's?" Carli asks her hazel eyed friend.

"Yeah but can you wait in the car? I want to talk to her alone" Tobin says.

"Yeah sure that's totally fine" the dark haired girl says as Tobin pulls up outside Alex's house.

"Wish me luck" the midfielder says as she gets out of her Jeep and makes her way to the front door, knocking on it.

After a couple seconds the door opens and Tobin is met with Alex's clear blue eyes.

"Oh my god you're home" Alex smiles pulling the slightly shorter girl into a hug which she barely reciprocates.

"Alex we have to talk" Tobin says pulling back from the hug.

"Uhm okay, come in" the dark brunette says as she steps aside sensing the seriousness in the other girl's voice.

Once inside the two girls sit on the couch in the living room.

"What do you want to talk about Toby?"

"I know what you did." Tobin states.

Alex's face pales lightly "Tobin...I'm so so sorry. I swear to god we didn't go all the way I stopped him. I wasn't thinking, I'm so sorry" She says tears forming in her crystal clear blue eyes.

"I should've known something like this would happen" the hazel eyed girl shakes her head. "I knew he would try something with you, I just didn't know you'd actually fucking let him" she states standing up.

"It only happened one time, it didn't mean anything I swear I was just lonely and you and I had barely talked...I know that's not an excuse but I'm so sorry Tobin words can't explain how sorry I am" The taller girl says as she stands up as well.

"Alex stop" Tobin says facing the other girl, a certain tension building between them as their eyes lock.

"Tobin, I love you" Alex says touching the slightly shorter girls face gently.

The midfielder grabs the ocean eyed girl's wrist tightly as her jaw clenches.

A couple seconds pass of the two staring into each others eyes.

"Fuck" Tobin mutters as she pulls Alex into her, crashing their lips together.

The taller girl kisses back hungrily. The two back until Tobin is sat in a chair with Alex straddling her lap.

The shorter girl's hands slide up the back of the other girl's shirt before raking her nails down each side of her spine, most likely leaving bright red marks in their path.

Tobin grips Alex's thighs before standing up with the dark haired girl's legs wrapped around her and their lips locked together as their tongues fight for dominance.

"You're mine. Alex Morgan. Not his, mine" Tobin growls in the girl's ear as she carries her to Alex's room.

The taller girl is turned on even more by Tobin's dominant side as said girl lays her down and practically rips her shirt off of her.

"He can fuck you good" The hazel eyed girl murmurs as she kisses the neck of the girl beneath her, sucking harshly marking the tanned skin. "But I can fuck you better" she whispers in the taller girl's ear before latching her lips to the spot just below her ear.

A/N: well alrighty then...do you guys think things will go back to normal after this? Or will Tobin still be mad and hurt by Alex's actions? As always let me know what you think and thank you for reading. Remember to stay positive and dance for money and updates. (: -Kaycee