Chapter 18

While the friends are at the beach Alex, Kelley, Hope, Ashlyn, and Ali are all playing in the water while Carli and Tobin drive to the store to get drinks.

"So how's Alex doing? You know considering everything that happened" Carli asks her friend while they drive down the road.

"She's alright. She has nightmares about it a lot though" the hazel eyed girl responds.

"Yeah things like that are uh pretty traumatizing" Carli says staring out the front window.

"How do you know?" Tobin asks curiously.

"If I tell you something you can't tell the other girls okay?" The brown eyed girl says.

"I won't" the brunette answers.

"I'm serious Tobin. You can't" Carli says seriousness lacing her words.

Noticing the seriousness about the tone her friend has, Tobin pulls into a vacant parking lot.

"I promise I won't tell anyone" Tobin tells her friend.

Carli nods slightly before sucking in a shaky breath "Remember when we were all freshman and I started dating that senior guy?" She stares down at her fingers twisting them around.

The caramel eyed girl nods "Yeah"

"Well about three weeks after him and I began dating he started getting aggressive both verbally and physically. I didn't want you guys to worry so I just didn't tell you." Carli says her voice wavering slightly.

"Anyway, uhm, he started trying to get me to have sex with him. I obviously wouldn't because I was still just a kid" tears form in her eyes.

"One day he asked if I'd go hang out with him and some of his friends and I agreed. When we got there it was all guys which I kind of expected. Anyway, he had me sit on his lap while he sat on the couch. All his friends kept making vulgar comments about me, he didn't even try to stop them and after he had a couple beers he started getting really grabby along with his friends. I told him that I was going to leave and he got really angry and said I wasn't grateful for everything he did for me and that he needed something in return. So he threw me on the couch and him and his friends uh yeah had their way" Carli says as tears fall down her face and she shakes as flashbacks flash through her mind.

"They wouldn't stop no matter what I said or tried it just made them more angry...I still have nightmares about it" Carli finishes looking up to see a mixture of emotions in Tobin's eyes but the one she notices most is sadness.

The hazel eyed girl pulls her friend into a tight hug "Oh my god Carli I'm so so sorry" Tobin murmurs as she rubs her friends back.

"Its over now that's all I care about" Carli says wiping her eyes.

"Carli you know you can tell me anything right? You can trust me" Tobin says to her friend.

She just nods "You're the first person I've told"

"I won't tell anyone" Tobin says reassuringly.

"Okay we need to get the drinks and get back before they start to worry" Carli says pulling back from Tobin.

•••••

When the two girls get back to the beach the carry their cooler down to the couple logs where their stuff is.

Tobin scans the beach looking for her friends but her search stops when she sees Alex talking to a guy. The two smiling and laughing.

"Who's that?" Tobin asks Carli as she tenses up.

Carli shrugs "I don't know I think he goes to our school though"

"He's flirting with my Alex" Tobin glares at him.

"Easy there Tobes. Why don't you go over there and talk to them. Let him know she's yours" Carli says as Kelley walks up to them.

"Alright I will" Tobin says taking a few steps "Wait a minute" she says before pulling her v necked shirt off so she's left in a sports bra, shamelessly showing off her toned abs.

Carli chuckles as she watches her friend walk over to Alex and the guy.

"What's her deal?" Kelley giggles.

"That guy is flirting with her Alex" Carli answers smiling at her friend's protectiveness over the crystal eyed girl.

"Oh his name is Servando and yeah he's been flirting with her since you guys left" Kelley says grabbing a water as the rest of the friends join them.

"So there's a party tonight here on the beach and we figured we could stay and hang out" Hope says draping her arm across her girlfriend's shoulders.

"Will Alex be okay with that?" Carli asks concerned.

"It was her idea" Ashlyn responds before Hope can.

"Oh then yeah sounds good" the 5'7" friend smiles.

••••

While everyone else is drinking Tobin and Alex decided to just stay sober. Somehow, Ashlyn convinced the group to join some people in a game of spin the bottle.

"Alright Carli you're up" Senior Abby Wambach says sitting with her arm resting on her propped up knee with a red cup in her hand.

The brown eyed girl spins the empty bottle watching it spin wondering why in the hell she let Ashlyn talk her into this.

"Ohhhh" some people say while others whistle as it lands on Hope.

Carli glances at Kelley before her eyes meet Hope's light eyes.

"Just kiss already!" They here someone yell before the two lean in connecting their lips in a kiss.

A mixture of butterflies and fireworks erupt inside Carli once her lips connect with the dark haired girl's.

All too soon Hope pulls back and drapes her arm around her girlfriend's shoulders.

"What the hell?" Carli thinks to herself as her mind goes a hundred miles an hour.

She is quickly snapped out of it though when everyone whistles except Tobin who's entire body goes rigid.

Alex spun the bottle and it landed on no other than Servando.

Carli watches Tobin making sure she doesn't punch the kid in the face as Alex and his lips connect.

After a couple seconds Tobin clears her throat making the two pull apart and he smirks shooting a wink at Alex.

"I'm going to get a beer I'll be back" Tobin says coldly as she stands walking off.

Alex sighs following her girlfriend.

"Toby wait. That kiss didn't mean anything you know I'm yours" Alex says grabbing her girlfriend's hand.

Tobin turns "He wants in your pants Alex" she says cutting straight to the point.

Alex shrugs "So? I am all yours Tobin" she says stepping closer to her girlfriend resting her hand on the toned abs.

The light brunette bites her lip.

Alex smirks planting a kiss on the spot beneath Tobin's ear making the hazel eyed girl week in the knees as she lets out a soft sigh.

"Why don't we go somewhere more private?" The ocean eyed girl suggests making her girlfriend nod frantically.

A/N:Annnnnnnd there you guys go! Let me know what you guys think, and remember to stay positive and dance for money and updates. (: -Kaycee