Chapter 26

*Monday of the next week*

"Its rivalry week. Wear our team hoodies today" Pinoe sends the text to the entire team.

While the team is at school they spend as much time as possible together getting some major team bonding before they play their rivals on Friday.

••••••

After school the coaches go into the locker room with the players.

"Alright ladies listen up!" Coach Ellis yells.

The girls all quiet down turning attention to their coach.

"As you know the team has been in need of a new captain" she says making all the girls nod their head.

"The rest of the coaching staff and I have been observing all of you" she explains.

"And we have decided that Carli will take the position of captain. She has exceptional leadership skills on and off the pitch and not to mention she is a very skilled athlete that we believe can bring us home the state championship" Coach concludes.

Everyone claps and congratulates the center midfielder as the coaches leave and the team finishes getting changed.

••••

Everyone is on fire at practice. Every pass, touch, kick. Everything is amazing, the girls are all communicating well. To say they are ready for the game at the end of the week would be an understatement.

The team is in the locker room showering and changing out of their practice clothes.

"Who wants to go out and get some pizza?" Kling asks the team.

"Why?" Tobin asks.

"To celebrate Carli becoming cap. And I want an excuse to eat pizza" Kling chuckles.

"Alright well I'm in" The hazel eyed midfielder says.

"Me too" Alex says walking up behind Tobin and wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's waist.

J.J., Christen, Moe, Carli,Kelley, Hope and Pinoe all agree to coming as well.

••••••

Once the eight friends settle into a rather large booth and order the pizza Pinoe smirks.

"So how does it feel to be put as Cap?" The blonde asks Carli.

"Its kind of overwhelming if I'm being honest" The brunette chuckles slightly along with the rest of the team.

"You'll get the hang of it, you are a natural leader" Pinoe smiles reassuringly at the midfielder.

"Thanks Pinoe" Carli returns the smile.

"Kling I can't believe you!" Moe half yells half laughs as Kling almost falls off the edge of the booth from laughing so hard.

Kling told Morgan's crush (A boy named Eric) that Morgan liked him and he texted Morgan asking if it was true.

"Oh come on you should be thanking me!" Kling laughs harder.

"Yo! Brotp break it up the food is here" Kelley teases the two.

One day after practice the team made 'ship' names for every relationship and friendship and they settled on just calling the two best friends 'brotp'.

The waitress sets down to large pizzas on the table "Enjoy" she smiles then walks off.

"Are you guys sure we should be eating this?" Carli asks nervously.

"A couple pieces of pizza won't ruin your health, Carli" Hope chuckles at her friend as everyone takes a piece and begins eating.