five.

I could hear Liz's friends arrive from in my bedroom. I almost forgot that her dinner party was today. Liz loves to cook and occasionally has dinner parties, hence her kitchen utensil decision taking so long. I usually felt awkward around her friends, half due to my slight shyness, other half that most of them were not my group of people. They mostly were posh, and totally rich, like Liz, but she wasn't stuck up like they were, her actual personality would be just as foreign to them as mine. She often complained about them but I'm not sure why she still hung out with them. Something about connections.
I laced up my other black shoe with the familiar Nike check mark in white. I adjusted my black hoodie with the white twenty one pilots logo on it. I had just noticed I was dressed in all black and white once my eyes trailed down to my black pants. I shrugged it off, adjusting my messy bun. My phone vibrated from my hoodie pocket, a text indicating Jacket Guy was here. I slowly walked out of my room, quickly sneaking out once realizing Liz and her friends were in the kitchen.
"I dig the jumper," he remarked as I slid in to the passenger seat.
"Thanks," I nervously replied, buckling my seat belt. We sat in silence with the radio until played a familiar song, "I love this song." We managed to mumble at the same time. I laughed softly. "You know, we're friends with these guys," George turned up the radio slightly, never looking away from the road in front of him. "The Neighbourhood? No way." He pulled into the diner parking lot now that was literally down the street from my flat and looked over to me, "You still haven't even bothered to look us up, have you?" He chuckled while I looked away, slightly embarrassed. I forget he's in a band, honestly. He opened my door for me letting me step out, "It's okay. I want you to hear us live first."

George smiled at me as he looked up from his menu. "What?" I softly laughed then looked back down at my menu. "That song you were humming. I like it too." I didn't realize I was humming out loud. I have a tendency to do that subconsciously when there's a song stuck in my head, which this time it was Drain You by Nirvana. He set his menu down humming the song and using our unused straws to drum on the table. I laughed joining in pretending to play guitar, and singing the lyrics softly. George began getting really into it at the solo part, which made me laugh to myself. He was amazing even if it was just drumming with straws. "I'm guessing you play drums." he looked up at me know, seemingly as he almost forgot where he was. "Yeah, I do. You're a really great singer by the way." Before I could respond the waitress came over to take our order.
"I don't eat meat," I giggled as he offered a bite of his burger. "I guess that explains the soup and grilled cheese. I'm sorry," he chuckles.
I shake my head, "Don't worry about it."
"Do you have anything planned for tonight?"
"No," I shook my head as I covered my mouth to hide the bite of sandwich I just took.
"Well I was thinking I could hear you sing some more." I blushed. I never sang in front of anyone. Liz hardly gets to hear me because I refuse. She has to catch me when I think I'm alone. "I don't really, uh sing in front of anyone."
"Come on it'll just be you and me," he grinned as he took a sip of his soda.
I sighed, "Maybe."
"I'll take that as a yes."
I smiled weakly in response then stirred my soup nervously.
"You and your quietness makes me nervous."
"I'm sorry. You must be so used to girls just throwing themselves at you, like that one last night." I raised an eyebrow at him and thought back to that blonde haired girl who literally pushed me just to say hi to him at the club. I laughed it off but Liz was ready to grab her by her hair and drag her out of the place.
"You must be jealous," George laughed now.
"Jealous? I'm not sure if there's anything to be jealous over."
"Gia, admit it, you're in love with me," He teased as he threw a French fry at me.
"Madly in love with you," I scoffed, throwing it back after it had landed in my lap. I broke his gaze to look down at my soup as he popped the same fry into his mouth.
By then the waitress set our ticket down on the table which George and I argued over because he didn't want me paying anything. Finally I retaliated but regretted it once he took pride that he was paying the whole thing.
"You know, you didn't have to pay," I remarked as we exited the restaurant.
"I know, but I-"
"Oh my god, George? I love you so much."
George grinned at the two girls that looked much younger, totally freaking out. I laughed to myself as they were rambling on much like Liz had yesterday but they were way more enthusiastic. I tried to slowly walk away but, "Can you take a picture of us?" I turned around and nodded at the short red head, grabbing her phone. "Okay ready?" The two girls nodded as they wrapped themselves around George, him pulling a funny face as I snapped the picture. I laughed softly as the girls bounced in excitement, the red headed girl walking back to retrieve her phone. "Thank you," she smiled widely at her phone, taking it to show George and her friend. "How about another?" George offered happily, then looked over to me, "Do you mind Gigi?" I shook my head and smiled at the fact he used my nick name. I retrieved the phone again, George now squatting down so the two could kiss both of his cheeks. "And three," I snapped the picture and handed the phone back. "Are you guys dating?" The dark haired girl looked between me and George. We both ended up slightly laughing, "No she's just a friend. She hates me too much anyway." I nodded, "He's a real jerk." Both girls laughed with us. "You two would make a cute couple though. You're really pretty," the red headed smiled now as I blushed.
George walked back over to me as the two girls excitedly walked away.
"They're right you know," He looked over to me as he placed his hands into his jean pockets.
"What do you mean?"
"You're pretty."
I bit my lip to suppress a smile as he grinned, pulling out his keys and unlocking his car.

"I hate this song," I groaned as he laughed, turning up the radio louder.
"I'm too hot, hot damn!" George sang loudly as we pulled into a parking space. I laughed and shook my head, stepping out of the car as soon it had stopped. He turned the car off, stepping out and closing his door.
"That's the greatest song to ever exist."
"To you, maybe."
We walked inside the building, making our way into an elevator.
We stood in silence as the elevator doors closed, jazz music faintly playing, which ended up making us laugh at the same time.
"This is my jam," I giggled as I snapped my fingers to the beat.
"May I have this dance, madam?" George held out his hand which I took.
"Gladly Monsieur," I copied his accent as he pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me by my waist, both of us laughing softly as we made eye contact. I was feeling more comfortable with him, like I could be myself.
We slowly swayed back and forth to the cheesy elevator music, grinning at each other.
"What are you thinking about?" I broke the silence, still never taking my eyes off of him as we swayed.
"Things," he grinned.
"As in?"
"I think you have a face straight out a magazine."
I blushed, biting my lip to try to hide the huge smile about to break out.
"I like when you do that too." He removed one hand from my waist and lightly brushed a thumb over my bottom lip. My heart raced now as George leaned in. The last time I felt this way seemed so long ago. I wasn't sure I was ready for this again. My mind trailed back to Jake. It seemed like every little thing made my mind flash back to him and I hated that. If I could, I would erase all my memories of him. I sighed and let go of George, burying my face into his chest and as if on queue, the elevator doors slid open. Even if he wasn't around, he still was ruining my life.

-
[I know, this was kind of a tease chapter, but let me know what you think? Thanks for reading xx]