fifteen.

There's something about his arms wrapped around me as he snores softly that feels so wonderful. I'm studying George's face as we're tangled together on my sad excuse for a bed, suddenly wincing as I accidentally bite my lip right where there was a cut. I curse to myself as a little droplet of blood grows now over the scab. My attempts of trying to free myself from George without waking him fail, him sleepily questioning if I'm okay.
"Yeah, I'm just bleeding a little again."
We both sit up, him sleepily rubbing his eyes while I dab my mouth with the old shirt I'm wearing.
"I'm sorry, Gigi." George kisses my forehead gently then rests his head on my shoulder. Just last night I almost ended everything with him for once, but we both knew that wouldn't have been what we wanted. Now as he's sitting shirtless next to me yawning, I realize he's mine, and I'm his, and I don't want to leave his side.
"Breakfast?"
"More like lunch, babe."
I'm smiling to myself after he sets his phone down, kissing my cheek, and running a warm hand up my back under my shirt. Everything about him is so comforting to me.
"Okay, lunch."
We both smile into the careful kiss we're exchanging before stepping out into the quiet living room. Liz was either gone or still asleep, and honestly I was a little scared what she'd say about George. She didn't want me to see him anymore, and her opinion means the most to me. After all, she always had a bad feeling about Jake.
"What about pizza?" George asks as he wraps his arms from behind, resting his chin onto my shoulder.
"Okay, piz-" I quiet down as I hear a door open, then shuffling down the hallway. George senses I'm tense, fully aware of what I'm nervous about. I had told him yesterday accidentally about what Liz said, but I was drunk and rambling. As we see who appears, George perks up, "Ross?"
"Oh, hey guys." He laughs nervously, running a hand through his hair. Everything looks the same about him except for the new love bite visible by his shirt collar. Liz appears from behind him, rubbing the sleep from her eyes while she's in her usual t-shirt and underwear much like I'm wearing now.
"Matty is looking for us," George remarks to Ross, filling the lingering awkwardness. He's still got an arm wrapped around me, but the other is occupied with his phone, holding it out to Ross.
"Twenty missed calls? What's he on about now?"
"I have no idea. I guess we better find out." George says this more to me, him looking down. My stomach turns, only because I don't want him to leave. I want him to stay.
"Oh, okay." I mumble quietly as he pulls away. I'm surprised Liz is as quiet as she's being, fixing her hair into a braid. I avoid her gaze as I trail behind George down the hallway. After he grabs his shoes and gives up on trying to find his lost pack of cigarettes in my sheets, he plants a kiss on my lips, cupping my face.
"I'll call you after we figure out what's up with Matty, okay?"
I nod in response before he softly kisses me again. My hands can't seem to find somewhere comfortable to sit after he's left, and my heart seems to beat faster as I walk back into the kitchen where Liz is now pulling out grapes from the fridge.
"Hey Lizzie."
"Hey."
"You okay?"
She nods in response as I stand hopelessly in the door way, nervously messing with my fingers.
"I thought you weren't going to see George anymore."
I'm taken a bit by surprise by the slight harshness in her tone.
"We worked things out..."
"Gia, are you seriously that naïve and desperate for someone to love you, that you settle for him?"
I'm confused now, her staring at me with her arms crossed. Her words hurt only a little.
"He's just some rockstar in a band. He doesn't give a shit about you, just the sex."
"But, we haven't-"
"It doesn't matter Gia. He's manipulating you and soon you're going to come back fucking crying to me about how he's with some other girl."
"I don't understand why you're so angry?" I'm trying to not sound weak as my visions getting blurry from the tears building up.
"Because you're so stupid! All you do is worry about you. It's all about Gia and her sad fucking life. Quit feeling sorry about yourself!"
"I'm sorry?" I quickly wipe at the few tears that have fallen, unsure of where all this hostility is coming from. Anger boils inside me as she turns around, harshly moving dishes in the sink around to wash them.
"Look, I've gone through something traumatic, and it's quite hard knowing for one, your best friend slept with your boyfriend who also happens to be your abuser while we were in a relationship, and two, that he could be roaming the streets again any day now."
I storm off back into my room, quickly changing into pants and any clean shirt I could find. My hands have to keep wiping tears away as I'm searching for my phone, my feet quickly stomping out of the flat once I do find it. Nothing hurt more than having the only person you've ever fully trusted, spit mean things that were sensitive subjects. She's never been like this towards me before, so I knew there was an underlying cause.
I'm cursing at myself as I walk outside, realizing I've forgot a coat, the cold wind making me feel even more vulnerable.
My hands shake as I walk from the coldness and anger, and it takes a bit for me to finally be able to deal George's number.
"Hey Gia."
His voice is cheery, making me wish I was with him at this moment even more.
"Can you please pick me up?"
"Are you crying? Where are you, I'll be there as soon as possible."
•••
[Double update because why not? ;) ily all]