fourteen.

"Come on just one more!"
"Matty, no!"
We're both drunkenly giggling now as I'm stumbling over my own feet.
Matty was trying to drag me over to the bar to have another shot, but I was feeling overwhelmed at the accidental drunken state I had suddenly achieved.
"Where's G?"
My words slur as I look around trying to spot him, holding onto Matty's arm for support.
The music gets louder and I can't quite make out what he says until he points over, mouthing, "Anna."
It seems like everything in my chest aches but I can't decipher what it is, the alcohol making me slightly numb.
I'm getting ready to march over, and tell George this was getting old, but my heels find their way into something wet, and I slip, falling forward instantly, my face colliding with the floor. If I weren't drunk, I'd be totally embarrassed.
"Oh fuck, Gia, are you okay?"
Matty helps me up trying hard not to fall over himself but I'm laughing it off.
"Shit, your mouth Gia. Oh my- fuck. What do I do? Call an ambulance? Do you need an ambulance?" He's totally freaking out now while I put a hand to my mouth and seeing the blood for myself.
"Let's go sit," I nod over to George, slightly scared at the amount of blood that I'm tasting in my mouth.
As Matty wraps an arm around me, approaching the two together, George sees us stumble over, instantly hurrying over to me.
"What happened to her?" George almost sounds angry at Matty when he studies my mouth.
"She fell, it was an accident, mate."
When he tries to gently wipe some blood from my lip, I push his hand away, glaring at him. Even though I was drunk, I knew I had a right to be angry.
"Gia, it's not what it looks like."
"Fuck off," I slur, trying to walk away quickly from the two. My heels almost slip again, but I catch myself and make it into the bathrooms.
The tap water mixing with the blood makes me gag so I'm finding myself quickly spitting out the combination into the sink.
"Gigi?"
"Lizzie, hey!"
I'm relieved to see her again. She seems quite sober, but my smile fades once she approaches me with a concerned look.
"What happened to your mouth, babe?"
"I f-fell. It's okay though. I'm okay."
I try to smile for her but she sees right through it.
"I know you saw them together. It's getting quite old, Gia."
I flinch as she's now wiping over a cut on my lip with a paper towel, but it hurts more what she tells me next.
"I don't think you should see him anymore. You'd be better off. I swear to god, Gia, do yourself a favor for once."

I'm thinking of many things at once, but this hazy head of mine is mostly consumed by thoughts of George. I like him, a lot, but maybe there was something about not being to have him for nothing but a few blissful moments that made me want more.
My hair is pulled into a ponytail that I would never have been able to do, but thankfully Liz helped. I'm trying not to signal any weakness as I approach all four guys along with my best friends who are glaring at Anna from across the booth. They all give me soft hellos, as if I'm fragile. Which at the moment, I felt so.
Once I'm sat between Adam and Emmie without another word, I rest my head on her shoulder as they all try to make conversation with each other.
"You okay?" Adam softly pats my arm, and I nod in return, trying to smile. My eyes trail over to George as he mouths asking if I'm okay. How can he ask that when Anna standing a few feet away from where we're sitting, cheerfully chatting with a random person that has approached her. I excuse myself before the tears welling up in my eyes fall. It's frustrating because I have no idea what George's intentions are. He acts like he wants me, but next thing I know he's saying he doesn't. My balance feels off, but I manage to stumble passed all the bodies and get fresh air. The lighter I'm fumbling with finally lights, as I'm bringing it to my mouth, heavily inhaling the nicotine. I've noticed I'm finding myself more often with a cigarette between my lips every time I feel stressed out.
"Gia...please talk to me."
My response is just a simple shake of my head as he approaches me.
He sighs, studying my face.
"Your cut, does it hurt?"
"George, stop." I turn my face away before he steps any closer to me, when I actually want him to hold me until I can't stand it.
"Gia, she came up to me."
"Don't touch me."
"Gia, please understand that I'm so sorry."
"We can't do this anymore."
George's face looks hurt at the words I suddenly blurt out and I can't help but feel hurt by what I've said. I didn't want to repeat what he once said to me, but I wanted to trust Liz's instinct.
"No. N-no!"
I'm a little taken aback by his tone.
"Fuck, Gia, I'm not losing you again for who knows how many times, and maybe even for the last time. I want you and only you. We've been through so much together, and I'm not letting that be all for nothing. I like you, Gia, and I want to wake up every morning to your sweet smile and go to bed kissing it. You're better than anyone I've ever had, and I'm not going to let a heaven sent opportunity like you to pass me by."
My mouth slightly hurts as I smile through tears.
"What I'm trying to say is, that I-I want to be with you, Gia. So will you do me the honor and become my girlfriend?"
I softly laugh at how it sounds like more of a proposal but I nod. I wanted him just as much as he wanted me. Maybe even more.