eight.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you," he growled into my ear. I tried to slip away from his grip, but he only pinned me harder onto the wall behind me. He slips a hand under my skirt, harshly grabbing my thigh.
"You're hurting me, Jake." I try again to free from his grip but he gets angry now, placing a hand tightly around my neck, slowly limiting my oxygen. "You let me do this or I won't hesitate to slit your throat."
I woke up, gasping for air, trying to familiarize myself with my surroundings, making sure he wasn't really there. I sat up, looking to see I was alone in George's bed, bedroom door closed, muffled laughs from the other side. I cling onto the duvet, trying not to think of the dream I had. Before tears could even begin to fall, I climbed out of bed, grabbing my bra from the floor, and retrieving my clothes that were sat on the mahogany dresser. I slipped everything on, folding George's shirt and placing it where my clothes once sat. I kept repeating to myself that I was okay, it was just a dream. I checked the time once I pulled my phone out from my jeans pocket, 10:27. I sighed, pulling out my hair tie, messily French braiding my hair. I took a deep breath, trying to gather myself before opening the bedroom door. Ross and Adam were laying on each of the love seats, cursing under their breaths at the tv as they rapidly pressed buttons on their controllers. There was no sign of George or Matty. I placed myself in the corner where the two love seats joined, bringing my knees to my chest.
"Good morning sunshine," Ross chuckled, never taking his eyes off the tv.
"Good morning," I sleepily croaked, bringing my knees to my chest.
"Your boyfriends went on a breakfast run. You must of had a long night." I looked at him confused, while he still stared at the tv.
"Fucking hell," he groaned as he tossed his controller by his feet. "What?" He sat up now and met my gaze, "I mean you did sleep with them didn't you?"
"Ross shut up, I don't understand why you believe the bullshit Matty spews," Adam sighed, placing his controller onto the coffee table.
"Matty didn't want to sleep on the floor," I mumble as the guys decide on another round of whatever game they were playing. I'm sure Ross didn't hear me but he does hear the abrupt knock on the door.
"I'll get it," I stand up, seeing they don't budge as they stare at the tv.
I open the door expecting Matty and George but instead there's a slightly taller than me blonde haired girl who was definitely model material. She wore a skin tight white dress with a black coat over it. It looked like she had a long night at the club due to her slightly smeared makeup.
"Is George here?" She eyed me, slightly confused.
"Um no, but-"
"Oh hey Ross," she smiles passed me. I slightly feel my self esteem go down from her interrupting me and her picture perfect smile. I step aside as she lets herself in, greeting Ross with a hug.
"George should be here soon," Ross tells her as she slides off her coat. He looks at me now as if he's nervous and I feel like I catch his drift. I grab my shoes that were still by the door, waving quietly to Ross then walking out into the hallway not caring I was just in socks. As I stepped into the empty elevator, I slide down against the wall across from the door, slipping my shoes back on. I wish I could turn off the cheesy elevator music as I think back to yesterday when we danced to it, then thinking about that perfect girl dancing with him instead of me. I couldn't compete with her. I had no chance. I stood up as the elevator reached my floor, trudging out. Luckily there was an unoccupied cab I waved down, hopping in and telling the driver my address. I thought about last night, how we laid on that couch much like a couple, and how he touched me yesterday. I started to feel sick as I thought about him touching someone else like that. The cab stopped and I gave him money I had put in my jean pocket for dinner yesterday then ran into my building.
As I walked into my flat I heard Lizzie in the kitchen already looking for pans.
I walked in, her in a shirt and underwear like usual.
"Hey Liz," I softly greeted her as I leaned in the door way. She stood up with a pan in her hand and smiled.
"So how was it?"
"How was what?"
"The sex. How was it?" She grinned as she set the pan onto the stove.
"It wasn't exactly sex..." I trailed off, not really wanting to talk about it.
"So you did a little foreplay?" She laughed as she cracked an egg into a small bowl.
I groaned, "I don't want to talk about it Liz."
"What's wrong, you seem down." She looked over at me for a second then returned to cracking her egg.
"He makes me angry," I sighed, hopping onto the counter. I realize we tend to have many talks in the kitchen like this.
"Is it because he's too nice? He doesn't seem like a jerk."
"Yes, well, no? I don't know."
She turns to me, looking as lost as ever.
"He's nice and he treats me way better than the last asshole and it makes me feel good inside."
"But?"
"But he probably does that to many other girls just to get into their pants like he did with me, for fucks sake, he fingered me, making me feel all special and shit but the next thing I know there's one of his other hoes knocking at his door, hoping for him to feel them up!" I catch my breath after rambling as Liz stares at me wide eyed, obviously not trying to laugh. I groan, annoyed as she slightly laughs.
"He fingered you?!"
"That's not the point, Elizabeth."
"You're right, sorry, and don't call me that."
"Who's getting fingered?" Emmie sleepily called out as she walking into the kitchen in nothing but underwear and one of my t shirts. Pants never were a must in our house.
"Gia. By George."
I rolled my eyes at Liz while Emmie sat up on the counter next to me.
"Daniel? George Daniel?"
"Yes Emmie," I sighed.
"I don't see a problem. Did you want him to?"
"He did it out of nowhere."
"Did you like it?" Liz chimed in, grinning as she stirred the egg yolks in a bowl.
"I didn't stop him."
"So yes," Emmie laughed, "I still don't see a problem. You're over here messing around with one of my dream guys Gia!"
"Exactly. He's probably thousands of girls dream guy and he probably messes around with most of those girls."
"She did have run in with one of his possible booty calls," Liz remarks to Emmie.
"Oh," Emmie quietly replies, leaning her head against my shoulder.
"I was stupid enough to believe I had a chance, that's all. I forget he probably runs into different girls every night,"  I sighed leaning my head on top of Emmie's.
"I would offer you some eggs but," Liz laughs as I make a disgusted face.
"I'm going to jump in the shower," I call out as a hop down from the counter. I reply to their 'love you's and head back into the living room, grabbing my phone off the coffee table I set it down on. I had two missed calls and three text messages. I unlocked my phone as I walked down the hall to the bathroom, opening the messages.

Jacket guy: I got you breakfast :)

Are you mad?

Please call, I need to talk to you xx

I locked my phone, deciding to call after my shower. If anything I really didn't want to talk to him either. As I stood in the shower I thought back to last night, and how he touched me. I looked down at my collar bone, seeing the purple mark that was slightly fading. I felt gross. I scrubbed myself harder than usual, I guess somewhat hoping it would erase the invisible finger prints and kisses he left on me, expecting myself to feel better after the shower, but I didn't. I wrapped a towel around myself, dialing George's number and walking out into the hallway, making my way to my room. After the fourth ring he picked up,
"Hey Gia."
"Hey..."
"I'm sorry about earlier. I don't know what she told you but-"
"She didn't tell me anything."
"Oh...well, she's old news. There's nothing going on with us anymore and she thinks there's still a chance between us."
I stay silent, really unsure how to respond.
"There's not. At least with you around."
I find myself smiling like an idiot now.
"Want to come over for dinner? You can bring the guys over too. Liz is a really great cook."
He chuckles softly on the other line, "Of course. I'd never turn an opportunity to see you."
I bite my lip trying to contain the insanely huge smile breaking out. He could easily manipulate me with a few words, and I hated that.