Part 23

"Been down one time, been down two times, never going back again..." Lindsey sang to himself in a breathy whisper, he sat alone on a sun lounger at one of the resorts any pools. He nursed a debilitating hangover with yet another tumbler of whiskey and pushed his shades further up the bridge of his nose to avoid the sunlight reaching his eyes.

The day he'd planned to check out had come and gone, as he'd gotten so drunk and stumbled out from where he'd slept behind the bar at 2 in the afternoon still intoxicated and screaming about leaving. Kristen had been alerted to his plans to check out and hidden his passport, prompting him to destroy their hotel room in a search for it and nearly being thrown out of the resort.

He'd paid them off and gotten his own room, there was not a chance he was sharing a room with Kristen after her childish stunt. He seethed in anger for the remainder of his entrapment there, unable to do anything without his passport but this was the last fucking straw.

He'd had far too much time to think and he'd decided that the glorious instant his phone was returned to him, he was calling his lawyer to start hiding his assets, that bitch had spent enough of his money, god knows how much this fucking place alone is costing me he thought bitterly. He wanted to start divorce proceedings soon but he had no idea what to do about the kids, would Stevie even want them? Sharing custody would be so annoying, i'd probably have to see Kristen more than i do now. Could i even get full custody? Maybe she should just have them, well Stella mainly.

Lindsey'd spent much of his time fantasising about Stevie, the way he imagined her face lighting up when she saw him again was enough to keep him seemingly sane. He was working on how he should propose to her, mike would naturally provide the perfect ring and he knew what he wanted to say but he wasn't sure how to stage it. Should he take her away? Should he do it at a restaurant? Should he rent a stadium and have the stage light up with will you marry me? There were so many possibilities that he kept living out in his minds eye, and he loved picturing her reaction, how she'd tear up and whisper "yes" before yelling it and jumping into his arms. He spent far too much time daydreaming about the perfect kiss they'd share and how he'd put the ring on her finger and she'd never look happier than in that moment. Stevie should have been my only wife he thought wistfully and took another gulp of the fiery liquid that he was living on.

~

"Do you want some wine Bob?" Stevie asked as she turned a pan down to simmer.

"No thanks baby, i don't really drink anymore, only on special occasions." Robert smiled as she turned around and smirked at him mischievously.

"So our first date was a special occasion then?"

"Of course it was. Whenever i'm with you is special, but i like being sober when your tits are in my face, it's much easier to commit them to memory." He whispered lowly as he pulled her close. He kissed her neck as his hands swept over the sides of her breasts to emphasise his point.

"Oh and you think my tits are going to be in your face tonight huh?" She challenged looking up at him ever so seductively, diametrically opposing her words.

"I thought i'd repay you for making me dinner..." He murmured and she leaned into him as he caressed her. "In sexual favours."

"You are very forward Mr Plant," Stevie giggled as her hand stroked his chest.

"I always am when there's something i want, and i want to be with you." Robert stared into her eyes as he spoke and she felt her heart skip a beat.

"You kids are too cute," Leelee teased walking into the kitchen and startling them.

"Who are you calling kids missy?" Stevie laughed.

"Well i thought you'd prefer it to 'you would be pensioners are too cute.'" Leelee replied cheekily, smirking.